You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Jan 20, 2018 11:24 am

Expat
Active

State of emergancy in JA.

Apparently tourists in the Montego Bay area are being advised to stay in their resorts while the Army patrols the streets. With 1600 murders last year. 350 in the area close to the Hotels.

Thank goodness we only have small incidents.

#2 Jan 20, 2018 6:58 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: State of emergancy in JA.

Expat wrote:

Apparently tourists in the Montego Bay area are being advised to stay in their resorts while the Army patrols the streets. With 1600 murders last year. 350 in the area close to the Hotels.

Thank goodness we only have small incidents.

Yes, the government must find a way to curb the crime rate.

#3 Jan 20, 2018 8:06 pm

New Historian
Active

Taken by my daughter yesterday in MoBay:

Mo_Bay.jpg

#4 Jan 21, 2018 1:59 am

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

https://s14.postimg.org/4i105v7l9/Mo_Bay.jpg

Life isn't all hunky-dory in Gree but I must admit for such a small like Jamaica it's too much. You have a lot of rape crimes. I've noticed that you are more of a sexist nation than Jamaica!!

#5 Jan 21, 2018 9:29 am

Slice
Active

Do not insult us like that.  Grenada is much more civilize than Jamaica.  Only yesterday ah was watching an event in Jamaica and I thought they were doing better.  Kinda surprise me that they still have that high crime rate.  Jamaica use lie detectors to detect corruption in their government and use it to send folks to jail.  Those detectors are not permitted in courts in America.  You got ah nerve putting Grenada us on the same plain as Jamaica.

#6 Jan 21, 2018 10:44 am

Calypso
Active

Slice wrote:

Do not insult us like that.  Grenada is much more civilize than Jamaica.  Only yesterday ah was watching an event in Jamaica and I thought they were doing better.  Kinda surprise me that they still have that high crime rate.  Jamaica use lie detectors to detect corruption in their government and use it to send folks to jail.  Those detectors are not permitted in courts in America.  You got ah nerve putting Grenada us on the same plain as Jamaica.

It should go on the same plain> You have too much rape cases for a small island and Jamaica has too much killingss for a small island! I see that male dominant attitudes in several males on the forum, including you.

http://www.nowgrenada.com/2015/12/sexua … e-grenada/

Last edited by Calypso (Jan 21, 2018 10:46 am)

#7 Jan 21, 2018 1:58 pm

Dancer
Active

Calypso , speaking of male dominant attitudes..... I hope this puts your 'attitude' lol. On a higher level. lol

URBAN Dictionary : ALPHA

The Alpha may maybe male or female , or both as a pair. This distinction comes from studies of  African wild dogs and their behavior .
In many cases the female is more dominate than the male and keeps her Alpha position for the remainder of her life .  ....( Lord !!!!)
Whereas the Alpha male position changes often.......

ALPHA Males :::::: We keep the wheel turning   ....
.... we know .  lol.

#8 Jan 21, 2018 2:12 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
New Historian wrote:

https://s14.postimg.org/4i105v7l9/Mo_Bay.jpg

Life isn't all hunky-dory in Gree but I must admit for such a small like Jamaica it's too much. You have a lot of rape crimes. I've noticed that you are more of a sexist nation than Jamaica!!

My understanding is that piece of bravado cost the man a few thousand dollars in fines and court costs well.

#9 Jan 22, 2018 8:01 am

Slice
Active

Calypso wrote:
Slice wrote:

It should go on the same plain> You have too much rape cases for a small island and Jamaica has too much killingss for a small island! I see that male dominant attitudes in several males on the forum, including you.

Kaiso, you are getting this rape thing very wrong. It is not even rape.  It is more Grown ass men molesting children.  The issue is it makes huge news, because we are just not custom to that.  There were three of these cases in five years.  Those kind of things do not even make news in Jamaica.  It is unfair for you to compare any kind of crime rate in Grenada to Jamaica.  Are you FRIGGING kidding me?  Do you really want me to print the Jamaica crime rate as compared to Grenada?

#10 Jan 22, 2018 11:22 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Slice wrote:

Kaiso, you are getting this rape thing very wrong. It is not even rape.  It is more Grown ass men molesting children.  The issue is it makes huge news, because we are just not custom to that.  There were three of these cases in five years.  Those kind of things do not even make news in Jamaica.  It is unfair for you to compare any kind of crime rate in Grenada to Jamaica.  Are you FRIGGING kidding me?  Do you really want me to print the Jamaica crime rate as compared to Grenada?

I think you are minimising the offence. We do not know how many of those under age pregnancies were caused by children the same or similar age to the girls, or whether adults were involved.

However whether you wish to think of it as bamboozling, or sweet talking the child to take her knickers off, the Law states that intercourse with a minor who is under the age of consent STATUTORY RAPE. That it. not giving 20 dollars for a fumble, and a new dress for a screw, it is classed as rape.

Lets face it, many 18 year olds aren't as sensible as they should be never mind those 12/13/14/15 year olds who have been getting pregnant at the rate of 300 plus a year.... That's only the pregnancies, goodness knows how many are getting abused who don't get pregnant right out of the starting blocks. Probably ten times that number.

This did not originate with me, I am only repeating what I have heard...

How do you know if a girl in Grenada is a virgin?  She can run faster than her relatives.

I think we know that crime generally is higher in JA, but we have some serious issues to contend with here. Simply because the numbers are lower is mainly due to a MUCH small population count, and less urban areas.

Board footer