You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Feb 06, 2018 3:57 pm

gripe
Active

"Cadet Bone Spurs": Sen. Duckworth's View of #45!

Here it is:

“We don’t live in a dictatorship or a monarchy,” Duckworth tweeted soon after he made the comment. “I swore an oath ― in the military and in the Senate ― to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, not to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs and clap when he demands I clap.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics … spartandhp

#2 Feb 06, 2018 4:04 pm

Dancer
Active

Re: "Cadet Bone Spurs": Sen. Duckworth's View of #45!

What I have always admired about the USA .... is that some lone person would stand up and say "BS" to the President or the security guard.

#3 Feb 06, 2018 5:27 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Senator Tammy Duckworth is an Iraq War Veteran, Purple Heart recipient and former Assistant Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs. She was among the first Army women to fly combat missions during Operation Iraqi Freedom.  I guess she earned the right to call out Cadet Bone Spurs.

#4 Feb 06, 2018 8:06 pm

gripe
Active

Right you are, RD. Also, I sensed the pride you took as you made those statements about Sen. Duckworth for her service. Your common patriotic bonds, as military veterans, are quite deep, indeed!

Board footer