You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Feb 10, 2018 2:20 pm

gripe
Active

Re: Is Grenada’s iconic nutmeg production now in Russian hands?

Slice, what I have seen links the Russian interests to the Revolution era, not before. But, there may be information that proves your point.

#12 Feb 12, 2018 8:41 am

Slice
Active

gripe this is something I can never forget. I swear that I heard the Russians cornered the Grenada nutmeg more that five years before the revo.

#13 Feb 13, 2018 7:57 am

Vanni
Active

Calypso wrote:
Vanni wrote:

Yes, Dancer I think so, acting like a brotherhood - is there something I'm missing in your opinion?

But commerce has never been about "brotherhood," it's always been about domination, monopoly and competition. Dancer, and Vanni you live in a " puppy dog world." I don't mind making deals with developed nations but the dependent nations must have something to show for it.

Dancer wrote:

... I was thinking , ' who wants all of that sameness .
Boring ....
... stopping adventure, innovation ...

Brotherhood ! lol.
I saw  this movie called the 'Brotherhood'
A secret 'society' , trying to control , by any means nessesary  'from the dark side.
so Brotherhood eh ? lol.

Is this how it comes across to you? This is what you are turning it into? How then can I even begin to talk about my point of view?

Am I misunderstanding you if I am telling you what follows:

Tell me, my dear Dancer and Calypso: if Love-God-Sublime-Supreme-Life-Spirit ... give it your own name ... if this holy principle comes a bit too close for comfort to your heart, could it happen sometimes that you swiftly put It back into Its place with a loud "who's the SOB"? big_smile

So is this how you understand being humane, caring, gentle, pure of intention? Is it in fact detrimental, naive and hopeless to you?

Or frankly vicious?

Is this how you are understanding the implication of your Sunday Church visit, the involvement of your God, in every aspect of life?

How can it ever be justifiable that someone who has any form of power takes the right to exploit instead of acting maturely and support whoever is vulnerable, and preserve someone's integrity? Calypso, in what way would brotherly = non predatory behaviour toward each other like caring and cooperation make the world uniform and boring and stifle individuality and the exploration of new ways and development of ever greater wonders? And you Dancer, comparing what I was meaning by caring and respect to a "secret society trying to control by any means necessary from the dark side"? Yes they exist. But I am speaking of genuine pure intentions, not of fake ones. Is this the way you'd be acting as a brother? I dare to think no.

Who ever said that caring for each other would induce "sameness"? Could we consider for just a moment whether there is a chance that respecting someone's integrity may actually stimulate individuality, innovation and development instead?

Is the predatory way really representative of the Divine? Is it really making us happier and allowing for greater innovation? Has our world reached such a state of dignity of all Its inhabitants of all realms, that we may claim that it is working?

How come, each time love, caring, selflessness, respect, brotherhood, purity of intention and of heart, etc. are being mentioned, it's getting reduced to ugly stuff? Can you see where the distortion, self-condemnation and self-destruction is starting? Who made of a lot of us some admirable little soldiers avidly working at their own demise, defending their own prison and jail wardens? Can we always blame it onto the others?

Oh but, we are condemning racism and bigotry! Oh but, we believe in God!

Really? So is this how we are understanding the sense of religion / spirituality? Any concrete and realistic application in every day's life? Or is it just an occasional exercise of glorification of yet another manmade and projected figure of power with its possibly illusory promise of a future sublime world, while we are continuing to cultivate mediocrity in this deplorable one? We better spoil our time and energy in hunting for witches, scrutinising everyone for an evil which is often of our own projection. Rather than bringing Spirit into manifestation right here, right now.

Can we for one moment consider the possibility of how further developed, healthy and happy we and our planet could be right now if we could put the same attention and direct the power of our sacred heart-and-mind-intelligence straight into Life, into new ways, new approaches and technologies, rather than spoiling it into fighting each other, competing against each other, exploiting and destroying each other, and constantly struggling to survive? Applying this sanctity flowing through us concretely for a development profiting everyone (rather than an elite). How conditioned are we, for rejecting the idea of brotherhood as conveyed by whether spirituality or well understood religion? How conditioned are we to believe that the ways that profit the "more powerful" few, who are here to "protect" us, are indeed a) meant for our good and b) viable?

There is, however, an upsurge which will end up making crystal clear the reality and viability of the application of spirit into our daily life. Whatever it may be - and I am allowing including for my own readjustment.

The changes will happen regardless: we have reached the extreme of a certain mentality of an experience, of which our terminally ill world today is the result and the intended turning point. It's time at last for us to understand that Life reflects the quality we put into it. Life is just as filled with Love and Spirit as we are filling it with - with each of our intentions and actions. Imagine if we start involving into each aspect of Life what we learn as ideals of religions and spirituality - mostly Love?

Who said that we are not humans having a spiritual experience, but spirits having a human experience?

I cannot elaborate further - if this is the way it comes across to you. Facing your comments, it seems like we're from different worlds. And maybe that's what we are. And maybe should I simply withdraw in quietness for now smile

In my understanding, we are here to reconcile with a life which we are for a great part making into what it is: cruel and violent. And reconciling means to open our heart beyond any resistance to the purity and the sanctity of Love.

#14 Feb 14, 2018 9:49 am

Dancer
Active

Vanni  , what the hell are you going on about . Now I am more confused .
Believe what you want , I have no problem with that.
... and don't point fingers about living in different worlds
.... you know the saying ,  ... 'when you point at others...

Anyhow please read  AGAIN  the comments that got  you  to  write   such a long reply   .... and see if you  might gleam a different interpetation

just to say , when peace  comes before , there is no need  for long explanations ...
peace.

#15 Feb 14, 2018 6:31 pm

Calypso
Active

Vanni wrote:
Calypso wrote:
Vanni wrote:

Yes, Dancer I think so, acting like a brotherhood - is there something I'm missing in your opinion?

But commerce has never been about "brotherhood," it's always been about domination, monopoly and competition. Dancer, and Vanni you live in a " puppy dog world." I don't mind making deals with developed nations but the dependent nations must have something to show for it.

Dancer wrote:

... I was thinking , ' who wants all of that sameness .
Boring ....
... stopping adventure, innovation ...

Brotherhood ! lol.
I saw  this movie called the 'Brotherhood'
A secret 'society' , trying to control , by any means nessesary  'from the dark side.
so Brotherhood eh ? lol.

Is this how it comes across to you? This is what you are turning it into? How then can I even begin to talk about my point of view?

Am I misunderstanding you if I am telling you what follows:

Tell me, my dear Dancer and Calypso: if Love-God-Sublime-Supreme-Life-Spirit ... give it your own name ... if this holy principle comes a bit too close for comfort to your heart, could it happen sometimes that you swiftly put It back into Its place with a loud "who's the SOB"? big_smile

So is this how you understand being humane, caring, gentle, pure of intention? Is it in fact detrimental, naive and hopeless to you?

Or frankly vicious?

Is this how you are understanding the implication of your Sunday Church visit, the involvement of your God, in every aspect of life?

How can it ever be justifiable that someone who has any form of power takes the right to exploit instead of acting maturely and support whoever is vulnerable, and preserve someone's integrity? Calypso, in what way would brotherly = non predatory behaviour toward each other like caring and cooperation make the world uniform and boring and stifle individuality and the exploration of new ways and development of ever greater wonders? And you Dancer, comparing what I was meaning by caring and respect to a "secret society trying to control by any means necessary from the dark side"? Yes they exist. But I am speaking of genuine pure intentions, not of fake ones. Is this the way you'd be acting as a brother? I dare to think no.

Who ever said that caring for each other would induce "sameness"? Could we consider for just a moment whether there is a chance that respecting someone's integrity may actually stimulate individuality, innovation and development instead?

Is the predatory way really representative of the Divine? Is it really making us happier and allowing for greater innovation? Has our world reached such a state of dignity of all Its inhabitants of all realms, that we may claim that it is working?

How come, each time love, caring, selflessness, respect, brotherhood, purity of intention and of heart, etc. are being mentioned, it's getting reduced to ugly stuff? Can you see where the distortion, self-condemnation and self-destruction is starting? Who made of a lot of us some admirable little soldiers avidly working at their own demise, defending their own prison and jail wardens? Can we always blame it onto the others?

Oh but, we are condemning racism and bigotry! Oh but, we believe in God!

Really? So is this how we are understanding the sense of religion / spirituality? Any concrete and realistic application in every day's life? Or is it just an occasional exercise of glorification of yet another manmade and projected figure of power with its possibly illusory promise of a future sublime world, while we are continuing to cultivate mediocrity in this deplorable one? We better spoil our time and energy in hunting for witches, scrutinising everyone for an evil which is often of our own projection. Rather than bringing Spirit into manifestation right here, right now.

Can we for one moment consider the possibility of how further developed, healthy and happy we and our planet could be right now if we could put the same attention and direct the power of our sacred heart-and-mind-intelligence straight into Life, into new ways, new approaches and technologies, rather than spoiling it into fighting each other, competing against each other, exploiting and destroying each other, and constantly struggling to survive? Applying this sanctity flowing through us concretely for a development profiting everyone (rather than an elite). How conditioned are we, for rejecting the idea of brotherhood as conveyed by whether spirituality or well understood religion? How conditioned are we to believe that the ways that profit the "more powerful" few, who are here to "protect" us, are indeed a) meant for our good and b) viable?

There is, however, an upsurge which will end up making crystal clear the reality and viability of the application of spirit into our daily life. Whatever it may be - and I am allowing including for my own readjustment.

The changes will happen regardless: we have reached the extreme of a certain mentality of an experience, of which our terminally ill world today is the result and the intended turning point. It's time at last for us to understand that Life reflects the quality we put into it. Life is just as filled with Love and Spirit as we are filling it with - with each of our intentions and actions. Imagine if we start involving into each aspect of Life what we learn as ideals of religions and spirituality - mostly Love?

Who said that we are not humans having a spiritual experience, but spirits having a human experience?

I cannot elaborate further - if this is the way it comes across to you. Facing your comments, it seems like we're from different worlds. And maybe that's what we are. And maybe should I simply withdraw in quietness for now smile

In my understanding, we are here to reconcile with a life which we are for a great part making into what it is: cruel and violent. And reconciling means to open our heart beyond any resistance to the purity and the sanctity of Love.

Vanni, when it comes to politics and commerce, please take God out of it! It's a "dog eat dog world," and everyone wants to be on top. We, the smaller nations must learn to act like courtesans and not whores! If big nations use us, we have to have something lasting to show for it. Like a courtesan and not a cheap whore, we must be given something substantial for when our resources dry up, we have to have an infrastructure  to run itself. What does Jamaica have to show for bauxite? What will we have to show if they find oil on our land. We need better schools to invest in our young. We need more jobs at decent wages. We need a better standard of living.

#16 Feb 16, 2018 5:48 am

Vanni
Active

Calypso, in my understanding of Life, if we are really serious with Love-Spirit-God: there is no area where we want to leave it out, nor where it can be left out.

Our present state of collapse in all areas on this planet, of suffering, of horror, tell us a long story about where we left it out. And may allow us to understand the urgency and motivate us to involve it at last.

I am not here to convert anyone - so understand my words just as a personal point of view, meant to allow a discussion to evolve.

In my humble opinion, no area can be left out of a higher aspiration and inspiration. They are more realistic than appears.

If justifying the "dog eat dog" mode: can we sense what a response at a different mode can bring of vastly positive changes? Do we enjoy the "dog eat dog" mode? Do we want to nurture it and keep creating more of it? Can we afford it anyway at our desperate stage?

It's known by now by experience that solutions do not exist at the level where they have been created, but only when we raise ourselves to the highest - the universal level of love, caring, compassion, forgiveness. This is the universal energy of transmutation of everything that is not of it - everything violent, harmful, destructive can be transmuted. It's not an easy thing, it requires us to take a lot on us. But how rewarding it is!

Everyone wants to be on top? Does not work in bed hmm there are other, much healthier relationships than power upon another, and this is what has brought us to this stage of destruction and potential to end up life on Earth. This is exactly what has to be questioned if we want any future for us all on this planet.

We are being kindly - or firmly - invited to find another relationship mode to each other. The Universal, highest levels of Love-Spirit-God are the source of inspiration if we care to turn ourselves to It. If we can conceive how realistic they are. We may have reached the point where we have no other option, anyway.

Thankfully, more and more of us are weary of the insanity of power, and more and more of us have a strong motivation, up to desperation, to find another relationship quality. It is vital. The utopia is ever more clearly to believe that this mentality of power upon another has any future.

Sure, it needs some good will and good intention. To be motivated to offer one's fair share - and we all have something of value to offer. On this note, those countries who have a history of being exploited and have been constantly struggling to build themselves up deserve TLC on behalf of those who can offer it to them. And I mean in selflessness. Not with further plundering. There is no shame in offering selflessly something we have in abundance to someone who needs it, in acting as a brother/sister to each other: only fairness. And it will build up a new quality of living for the whole planet. A quality that has not yet existed during our historical times.

We have really reached the stage - or at least the urgency - to function on a higher mode.

However it is coming across to you, I mean it from the bottom of my heart. Also, I am speaking like this, because in my experience, it works.

Sunday religion, Sunday God are in my opinion meaningless if we do not understand their message and implication and involve them concretely into everyday situations of our life. Their whole purpose, presence and inspiration, is to give us the sense that there is a way of living with each other very realistically and concretely thanks to such values. Even where we cannot see it yet as making sense.

Spirit, Love, God - give it your own preferred name - are here not as a promise limited to a future separate from this life on Earth, but as the concrete implication of such principles leading to the resolution of our present state of destruction. It takes mostly a change in awareness, attitude and approach - no huge, spectacular stuff, but something humble, inside of us - to totally change the situation on our planet, which is without solution at its own level. May our spiritual inclination radiate into our lives and become ever more a reality of every situation and moment.

May we make sense of the stage we've reached now: which is not to be our end, but our new beginning.

If I am allowing myself to speak like this, it is because I had to realise and apply this in my life, and am thankful I did. Would I not have done so: I would be dead by now.

Last edited by Vanni (Feb 16, 2018 7:09 am)

#17 Feb 16, 2018 8:04 am

Vanni
Active

And to go that path as to bring Love-Spirit-God into our own present reality: it is an exercise of stumbling and standing up again. And again. And again. And again ...

It's an exercise of humility, of the discovery and acceptance of ourselves and our fallibility: our pride takes a serious blow.

It is not because I am speaking about this, that I have in any way reached close to perfection. God knows how many times a day I am failing.

I am so often losing connection! But whenever I am losing connection, as soon as I can I am connecting again. Now that I know of this connection, how it feels, the blessings and miracles it offers, I can focus on that.

And whenever I am being given the time to plan my response, I do so only when connected = inspired.

I do not believe in neither violence, nor even power, nor vindictiveness or self-retribution any more.

I understand the sacred sense and absolute transmuting power of love, forgiveness, and further of gratitude - with gratitude, forgiveness is no more necessary. It made a success of what could have been a disaster of my life. And it does so for everyone.

I may be really losing connection and getting aggressive and others. But I never find justification, nor feel good with it, and while it's happening, there is a part of me which is observing and which knows "that's not the way to go". And once I am calmed down, and especially when I am planning a response or start something new : I only accept what is lead by love-spirit-god and stick to it the best I can.

Board footer