You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#21 Feb 26, 2018 10:54 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Should they be arming Teachers?

True. 

Having said that, I pray I never have to hurt anyone ever.  Hell, I don't even hunt anymore because I don't like to kill anything.  I guess I am getting soft.

#22 Feb 27, 2018 8:40 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Should they be arming Teachers?

Real Distwalker wrote:

True. 

Having said that, I pray I never have to hurt anyone ever.  Hell, I don't even hunt anymore because I don't like to kill anything.  I guess I am getting soft.

They have a word very prevalent in the USA that has been adopted, and it starts with a P has a few letters in between, and ends with a Y..... smile

Touch of the old role reversal. being a towney killing things has been a hard adjust... I always thought meat was ready wrapped in plastic.

Saturday was doomsday for 4 Cockerel's.  3 got the cutlass, and one.... the noisy one with the annoying screech was fingered by wifey... it was at large.... The word came down from above.... Shoot it.

Admittedly it took 3 shots, but 2 of them were misses.... Chickens have a small head, and even smaller brain box, and they move in irregular ways, so it ducked 2 pellets. Stood still for 2 seconds, and Whack, over, 2 flaps and zilch. Gone and never called me mother.

I take no pleasure in killing anything, but certain things have a negative impact and cannot be ignored. Ants, Rats, and if they look predatorial and hang around too long Chicken Hawks. If they circle in the skies I look on in admiration, but just don't settle on a tree or lamp post overlooking my girls.

Recently the tyre shop down the road shot and killed a neighbours dog that was out for an afternoon stroll. Definitely pissed at that. Apparently the guy likes to shoot birds and what ever takes his fancy. There are several dogs who are not contained and cause my dog to bark incessantly when they tease her. She is doing it this very moment.... and I would LIKE to bump them off, but I never would. At some point one of the other residents will get fed up, or the bin men will have enough of having bags ripped open, and they will poison them... Not nice... Owners here are extremely irresponsible.

Board footer