You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 11, 2018 6:07 am

Slice
Active

THE BIRD KILLER IN MY HOOD ANNOYS THE SHEET OUTA ME.

This piece ah sheet is about 80 years old, makes ah good living selling honey, and yep every FRIGGING day, there he is with his Bird Gun killing all the birds in our hood.  How can grown ARSE men be so damn stupid? Don't he understand birds plays ah vital role in our hood.   I have got to find ah way, to get him out of that practice.  I am the new kid on the block, and ah doh want to make enemies, but the Stupid piece ah sheet must be stopped.

#2 May 11, 2018 8:00 am

New Historian
Active

Re: THE BIRD KILLER IN MY HOOD ANNOYS THE SHEET OUTA ME.

Is he eating them or just shooting them? Either way it's despicable but it might colour the way you approach him.

#3 May 11, 2018 4:02 pm

Slice
Active

He is eating them.  There is ah PECK-AH-HO nest on my lawn, I refuse to trim that tree, until the babies are gone, and that bastard is there every day with ah gun, killing them.

I kinda get my way for now, so it is ah matter of how I approach him.

#4 May 12, 2018 7:37 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

He is eating them.  There is ah PECK-AH-HO nest on my lawn, I refuse to trim that tree, until the babies are gone, and that bastard is there every day with ah gun, killing them.

I kinda get my way for now, so it is ah matter of how I approach him.

Use of Air guns or which ever type is driven by the same mentality generally (In Grenada) if you see it shoot it. or shoot at it. Even if it is doubtful you will hit it. The concept of cruelty when you only injure an animal is not there.

This is all part of the lack of concern for life, whether it is animal or in a lot of cases human. Death is broadcast 4 or 5 times a day, so it is part of the psyche.

I went on a hunting trip to the Isle de Ronde some time back, and although nothing was hit, there was a preparedness to pop at anything anywhere..... even though recovery of the carcass might have been impossible.

Me, I only shoot vermin, predators and cull Cockerels I cannot trap for normal execution. I do not attempt shots that are not 99% guaranteed. I certainly would not want to predate the local birds into extinction.

You may be able to tell from my avatar I am not a bad shot with a pistol, and am even better with a rifle.

Board footer