You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 20, 2018 1:17 pm

New Historian
Active

It's not just gun owners that need regulation, its their mad family!

For the second school shooting in a row, we've seen some demented teenager get access to guns through their negligent fathers. And as usual, the gun addicts like RD will give you a million lame reasons why THEIR guns shouldn't be touched. The selfishness of these people is beyond belief, no care at all for anyone else's child who gets mowed down, just so long as you don't touch THEIR guns.

Sick.

#2 May 20, 2018 7:49 pm

Expat
Active

Re: It's not just gun owners that need regulation, its their mad family!

Obsessional dude.

There definitely are some major issues with gun ownership and handling in America. Absolutely. But as RD keeps on saying you cannot put the genie back in the bottle, especially when their whole legal constitution is founded on their use. I do not agree with the judgements of the American Courts on the application of the 2nd amendment. To me a well regulated militia is not every tom dick or harry having a gun just because they feel like it.

Last month I spent many happy hours blasting away with shotguns and AR15s in the UK. There were rigorous checks and balances with their use. If I was resident I could apply for an FAC, and would probably get it so long as security in the house was up to par. But FAC's to not grow on trees, and LEGAL gun owners are very careful not to do anything that might cost them that treasured piece of paper.

On the other hand we have loads of shootings and stabbings in the UK. Banning those legal weapons is not going to have ANY affect on those crime stats. Those weapons are either illegal in the case of Guns.... Imported from Russia, Czechoslovakia or some other source for the drug trade, or they are illegally held knives.

We understand your desire to limit gun crime, but the skin on the drum you are banging is stretched and tired.

#3 May 21, 2018 6:00 am

Slice
Active

Ah doh know if it right for me to say this, but ah saying it anyway.  I know it is kids and ah should fell sorry, but I don't.  Florida and Texas got the most Liberal Gun laws in America, taking away these two states guns are like taking away their homes.  Maybe if more folks die in these states, something will change about guns.  Ah doh know.

#4 May 21, 2018 2:18 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Ah doh know if it right for me to say this, but ah saying it anyway.  I know it is kids and ah should fell sorry, but I don't.  Florida and Texas got the most Liberal Gun laws in America, taking away these two states guns are like taking away their homes.  Maybe if more folks die in these states, something will change about guns.  Ah doh know.

Liberal access to guns for licensed people is not the same as take and use by their children.

There seems to be a big problem with people not being careful enough with their firearms. But as RD will chant right back at you the most dangerous places are those with the tightest gun laws.

Look how many people mostly kids... have been killed in the UK recently with guns..... NONE of which were legal, and to my knowledge not stolen from people who legally owned them. The UK is strict on gun ownership, you cannot intentionally use it for self defense or protection of property. A completely different scenario from America.

There is a perverse sickness in America with these .... mostly disgruntled kids killing fellow students.  It is weird.

#5 May 21, 2018 7:33 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

These school shootings are a slow motion mob action.  I mean like a slow motion riot.  It started with Columbine and replicates over and over.

It is like looters.  Most people wouldn't do it until they see other people do it.

I have no idea what can be done.   This last little shit used a shotgun and revolver.  There is no realistic way to ban those type guns.

#6 May 21, 2018 7:37 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Yeah, America is sick Expat. It is so fun to hack on the US.  Meanwhile, back in the UK Pakis hold little girls as sex slaves and the biggest concern of the Home Office is that I just illegally used the word 'Paki' on the Internet.

There is plenty of sickness to go around.

#7 May 21, 2018 8:11 pm

houston
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

These school shootings are a slow motion mob action.  I mean like a slow motion riot.  It started with Columbine and replicates over and over.

It is like looters.  Most people wouldn't do it until they see other people do it.

I have no idea what can be done.   This last little shit used a shotgun and revolver.  There is no realistic way to ban those type guns.

A good start might be to have better restrictions on the amount of guns sold and available to Joe and Nancy gun slinger.

#8 May 21, 2018 8:34 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

He only used two guns and, as a17 year old, it was against the law for him to posses either without adult supervision.  He used a standard shotgun and a six shooter revolver. Neither are remotely military firearms.

#9 May 21, 2018 8:47 pm

houston
Active

It's an epedic in the states. Mass shootings have become regular news in the U.S. Why is that? Guns aren't out of control as much as the laws are.

#10 May 21, 2018 8:53 pm

houston
Active

Epidemic. Sorry my spelling is atrocious.

Board footer