You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 29, 2018 7:15 pm

Expat
Active

The end of times?

Britain is floundering around trying to get out of the EU.

Trump is confusing the crap out of everyone. We have got used to not knowing what he is going to do from one day to the next.

Italy is about to go into meltdown, and as the 3 largest economy in Europe it could further destabilise the EU to the point that there might not be an EU to Brexit from.

The markets are on a slide due to uncertainty.

The whole bloody system is on a knife edge. Whats next? with instabilities in the Middle East, power plays from Putin, the Chinese on a roll, not even a spring roll... smile  Could we slide into a World Wide Meltdown? Could this be the beginning of the end of times?

#2 May 29, 2018 8:38 pm

gripe
Active

Re: The end of times?

From your account of the world's current litany of woes, I think we have fair warning of some impending horrible event. If that is the case, saner minds need to step in and address each problem beginning with the one, from your list, that may be casting the biggest shadow over all of us. I believe that the saner minds know what that "one" is and should try their very best to avert disaster.

#3 May 30, 2018 8:41 am

Dancer
Active

What does Expat know of the 'End Times'  ?
Is he trying to read the Bible , is he trying to break out of his atheist closet ?
Is he trying to see the light .
RD his gun pal , should stop talking 'guns' and try to get Expat to join his conformation classes .
Amen and Amen.

C.S. Lewis said .: A young man who wishes to remain  a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading.
((( nb. a young man might be too much a compliment for Expat at this stage.))

sad. lol.

#4 May 30, 2018 4:28 pm

New Historian
Active

Lordy Expat, think this is the first time that everything seems to be going pear-shaped? Brexit and Trump aren't the end of the world, just warts on its arse, and like all warts, they won't last. Chill Winstan.

#5 May 30, 2018 5:04 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

Lordy Expat, think this is the first time that everything seems to be going pear-shaped? Brexit and Trump aren't the end of the world, just warts on its arse, and like all warts, they won't last. Chill Winstan.

There have been many worrying periods, quite a few of them within my lifespan. However with the Almost World turmoil with potential flash points in several places at any given time, this is the closest we have been to a potential 3rd World war

#6 May 30, 2018 5:08 pm

Expat
Active

Dancer wrote:

What does Expat know of the 'End Times'  ?
Is he trying to read the Bible , is he trying to break out of his atheist closet ?
Is he trying to see the light .
RD his gun pal , should stop talking 'guns' and try to get Expat to join his conformation classes .
Amen and Amen.

C.S. Lewis said .: A young man who wishes to remain  a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading.
((( nb. a young man might be too much a compliment for Expat at this stage.))

sad. lol.

Being aware of the trite expressions dogma lovers quote does not mean I believe in thew nonsense behind those expressions.

What do any of us know of the end of times, other than it is 100% inevitable. Both on an individual level, and the World platform.

I have been confirmed and baptized twice, There is no way I am going for a third.

#7 May 30, 2018 8:26 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

#8 May 30, 2018 9:20 pm

Expat
Active

Until the end of times..... then yer Fkd like the rest of us. smile

#9 May 31, 2018 6:34 am

Slice
Active

Once Trump is gone, the world will stabilize.

#10 May 31, 2018 5:44 pm

Expat
Active

Counting the days bro, counting the days.

Yet, no matter how I loath and despise the king of swamps, there is just a slim possibility he may do something worthwhile during his tenure. Watch this space.... smile ... but don't hold your breath.

Board footer