You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 02, 2018 10:52 pm

New Historian
Active

Slice and Expat, great to meet!

Nice to out faces - and real names - to the Talkshop monikers, so now I know which miserable so-and-so's I'm arguing with lol!! Slice doh worry hear? You'll soon shed that JCB tag, when you finally accept that, as Dorothy said in Wizard of Oz: "Toto, this sure ain't Kansas!" Looking forward to spending more time hanging, next time I'm back in de land!

Last edited by New Historian (Jun 02, 2018 10:53 pm)

#2 Jun 02, 2018 11:03 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Slice and Expat, great to meet!

I'm jealous. I'd have liked to been there.

#3 Jun 03, 2018 6:14 am

Dancer
Active

Why try to speak for Slice . I would prefer to hear from him  ,   all the details of the summit.
Can he not speak for his  self ?
Slice the floor is yours, don't let them take away your voice.

#4 Jun 03, 2018 9:13 am

Slice
Active

I think the place we met is Paradise for beer lovers.  Lord there had to be about 100 huge shinny brewers.  Ah doh know, but it really was an interesting Meeting place.  Although ah doh drink it was ah nice place.  BTW the Fish burger was really good.  I know I will pay for eating that burger today, because it was done with butter.

leh me see who name came up last night, the top of the line was RD, next was Kaiso, and then Dancer.  Gripe you was also in the mix.  I thought  we spoke about all Shoppers, but RD was the one that was of most interest.

Here is the honest truth, for some reason just as I pictured NH, it exactly as I pictured him.  That was his appearance.  Lord his conversation, was beyond what I imagine.  True to his Grenadian form, he was late.  Sorry NH, ah had to mention what ah true Grenadian you are.

BTW, one pint was not enough, was hoping you guys stay and drank five pints.

I met Expat before, so I knew lots about him, but I do not think there is a dull moment talking to Expat.  He is ah very smarth and interesting guy.  Just imagine between the two of them I felt like the outsider.

The night was short, but very interesting.  I loved hanging with you guys. I think both NH and Expat are disappointed with the owner of dat place, he is English, and they both think he should be brewing English beers, but instead he is brewing American.

RD a chair was reserved, for you for our next visit to the Brewery  Did I mention it is within walking distance to the American consulate?

#5 Jun 03, 2018 9:21 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

Nice to out faces - and real names - to the Talkshop monikers, so now I know which miserable so-and-so's I'm arguing with lol!! Slice doh worry hear? You'll soon shed that JCB tag, when you finally accept that, as Dorothy said in Wizard of Oz: "Toto, this sure ain't Kansas!" Looking forward to spending more time hanging, next time I'm back in de land!

There you go again, with that JCB, doh worry, it will be shed real soon.  You were doing great  at one time in the night, when you said I did not have the American slang and then you quickly agreed with Expat, saying ah speaking American.  Hope you have ah safe flight BACK HOME.

#6 Jun 03, 2018 9:44 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Now I REALLY wish I had been there.  I love to talk about me!  smile

#7 Jun 03, 2018 11:31 am

Slice
Active

You like to talk about you? right.

#8 Jun 03, 2018 11:33 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Slice wrote:

You like to talk about you? right.

I was making a joke.  Then again, we are all the heroes of our own life stories, right?

#9 Jun 03, 2018 12:45 pm

Expat
Active

Like NH last night I seem to be late to the party today.... smile

Maybe this could be the start of a Spiceisle Talkshop revival. I seem to remember pictures of the old legends meeting up at this and that location. I guess many of you know who's behind the monika, but for newbies like me (probably 15 plus years) all I know is the persona presented to the WWW.  It is nice to put the human to the text on the screen.

So many old names that have drifted, from our stalwart originator Brian, Bobby's, Angus. D@Man, MayMay, NJTony, even MangoDog.  All this Facebook nonsense with a trillion friends who have never even exchanged a word. It's time for a few more JCB's to Talkshop.

It's a place of learning, a place of rivalry, a place of Baccanaal, and just as Sabrina sings about Grenada, "This is Home".

Come on guys open the door, put your feet up, talk sheite. This is Spice.

#10 Jun 03, 2018 5:33 pm

Slice
Active

Totally agree.  The interesting aspect of this, is that there are ah few talkshoppers right here in the Spice.  I would of love to extend an invitation to Maymay and bobbys and also Brian to join us at the Brewery. Who ran Mangodog and also New Jersey Tony?  Maybe there is rumours going around, that we in the shop are not aware of.  Anyway I am sure the owners of this New Talkshop, can explain what happened.  BTW what happen to Recs? and the solider?  Too much peepers and not enough posters.  Talkshop will never die, thanks to folks like luv.  Rest assured Grenadians and friends of Grenada, will always have ah place to Ole talk.

Board footer