You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 05, 2018 6:36 pm

Calypso
Active

Summer House!

http://suntanner.net/grenada-real-estat … eat-house/

This is the perfect summer house for Calypso. Who would like to buy it for me?

#2 Jun 05, 2018 7:22 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Summer House!

I know this house, and the previous owners well.

Interesting that the photo's probably shouldn't be used by this estate agent, as they were not just snaps, but commissioned by the previous owner when he put it on the market. So should be covered by copy-write.

So those photo's are also only a guide, as changes to the interior have probably been made.

#3 Jun 05, 2018 7:31 pm

New Historian
Active

"Interesting that the photo's probably shouldn't be used by this estate agent, as they were not just snaps, but commissioned by the previous owner when he put it on the market. So should be covered by copy-write."

Expat shame on you, aren't you thoroughly Grenadian by now? Are you talking about ... laws?

#4 Jun 05, 2018 7:38 pm

Expat
Active

Juss sayin.

I spoke to a connected but not fiscally involved party, and they said... none of my business any more, don't care. So I guess you are 100% right.

#5 Jun 05, 2018 7:41 pm

New Historian
Active

LOL I getcha, I feel sorry for people trying to protect their intellectual property in our lawless lands.

#6 Jun 05, 2018 7:44 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

LOL I getcha, I feel sorry for people trying to protect their intellectual property in our lawless lands.

You just have to see the DVD's stuck on the wall of Andall's to know no one gives a damn.

#7 Jun 06, 2018 5:09 am

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:

Interesting that the photo's probably shouldn't be used by this estate agent, as they were not just snaps, but commissioned by the previous owner when he put it on the market. So should be covered by copy-write.

So those photo's are also only a guide, as changes to the interior have probably been made.

The owners must be rich! Were they Europeans or Grenadians? This house was built in 1925 and obviously on very fertile property. I would love to have something like this for a summer home. I can't afford 2 and a half million dollars (US money).

#8 Jun 06, 2018 8:24 am

Slice
Active

Kaiso, I would love to buy that house for you.  What is in it for Slice? Ah want ah likkle bit of that Honey, you been preserving for years now.  But before ah buy that house ah sample must be given.

Expat and NH, ah guess ah going to find that house today.  Me uncle who resides in London own ah house in that area, so ah killing two birds with one stone today. Maybe three birds, ah looking to take care h Kaiso.

#9 Jun 06, 2018 8:51 am

New Historian
Active

"ah looking to take care h Kaiso"

Lord knows, SOMEONE needs to, de girl need looking after, real bad oui.

#10 Jun 06, 2018 9:34 am

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Expat wrote:

The owners must be rich! Were they Europeans or Grenadians? This house was built in 1925 and obviously on very fertile property. I would love to have something like this for a summer home. I can't afford 2 and a half million dollars (US money).

Well, I guess they have a few shekels, but when they put it up for the same price they didn't get many bites, and I expect the new owners will have the same result.

My understanding is it was the Great House, and all those lands part of the estate on the ridge were cane, with a plant for crushing the cane on the land too.

They were/are English.

Board footer