You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 07, 2018 7:24 pm

Expat
Active

End of times

In the UK?

STD's going through the roof.

Violent crime up up.

Moped robberies (riders stealing bikes and personal effects) sky high.

Drug usage up up up.

Fuel prices heading for space.

Health care struggling.

Housing shortage.

GDP total pants.

Interest rate still in the crapper.

Brexit going to screw skilled labour imports.

Trade war with our most favoured World Partner.

Unskilled labour and those to take existing workers jobs squeezing in before Brexit shuts the door.

Just another day in Blighty.

#2 Jun 07, 2018 8:11 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: End of times

STD's going through the roof. WEAR A JOHNNY-BAG, DUH

Violent crime up up. ONLY IN THE INNER CITIES, THE SHIRES ARE SAFE (AND BORING)

Moped robberies (riders stealing bikes and personal effects) sky high. FLASH IN THE CRIME PAN

Drug usage up up up. IN YOUR OLD DAYS YOU'D SAY: AND THAT'S A BAD THING?

Fuel prices heading for space. AFTER BEING THROUGH THE FLOOR THE PAST 4 YEARS, SWINGS AND ROUNDABOUTS

Health care struggling. BUT STILL COPING, BETTER THAN MOST

Housing shortage. WHAT'S NEW?

GDP total pants. EH?

Interest rate still in the crapper. YOU USED TO COMPLAIN WHEN IT WAS THROUGH THE ROOF

Brexit going to screw skilled labour imports. MAY GIVE POOR BEKNIGHTED LOCALS A CHANCE

Trade war with our most favoured World Partner. WO, CHINA?

Unskilled labour and those to take existing workers jobs squeezing in before Brexit shuts the door. IT'S CALLED MARKET FORCES

Just another day in Blighty. EXACTLY, THE WORLD TURNS, LIFE GOES ON, UPS AND DOWNS, BOOMS FOLLOWED BY BUSTS ... STOP BITCHING LOL!

#3 Jun 07, 2018 9:19 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Nice Fisking FH. smile

#4 Jun 07, 2018 10:01 pm

New Historian
Active

Well  I learn a new one today - and so old too! NOT to be confused with fisting!!!

fisking: n. [blogosphere; very common] A point-by-point refutation of a blog entry or (especially) news story. A really stylish fisking is witty, logical, sarcastic and ruthlessly factual; flaming or handwaving is considered poor form.May 5, 2004

#5 Jun 08, 2018 7:55 am

Expat
Active

x 2.

Whats fisting?   Fisty cuffs?   smile

#6 Jun 08, 2018 8:47 am

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

STD's going through the roof. WEAR A JOHNNY-BAG, DUH

Violent crime up up. ONLY IN THE INNER CITIES, THE SHIRES ARE SAFE (AND BORING)

Moped robberies (riders stealing bikes and personal effects) sky high. FLASH IN THE CRIME PAN

Drug usage up up up. IN YOUR OLD DAYS YOU'D SAY: AND THAT'S A BAD THING?

Fuel prices heading for space. AFTER BEING THROUGH THE FLOOR THE PAST 4 YEARS, SWINGS AND ROUNDABOUTS

Health care struggling. BUT STILL COPING, BETTER THAN MOST

Housing shortage. WHAT'S NEW?

GDP total pants. EH?

Interest rate still in the crapper. YOU USED TO COMPLAIN WHEN IT WAS THROUGH THE ROOF

Brexit going to screw skilled labour imports. MAY GIVE POOR BEKNIGHTED LOCALS A CHANCE

Trade war with our most favoured World Partner. WO, CHINA?

Unskilled labour and those to take existing workers jobs squeezing in before Brexit shuts the door. IT'S CALLED MARKET FORCES

Just another day in Blighty. EXACTLY, THE WORLD TURNS, LIFE GOES ON, UPS AND DOWNS, BOOMS FOLLOWED BY BUSTS ... STOP BITCHING LOL!

Very jocular, what a wheeze.

WEAR A JOHNNY-BAG, DUH. You would think, but obviously they haven't.

ONLY IN THE INNER CITIES, THE SHIRES ARE SAFE (AND BORING)  But people do live in those INCREASINGLY dangerous cities . Mostly primed by what is a World epidemic of drug use.

FLASH IN THE CRIME PAN  Only if the Police can clamp down on it. We are not talking about a FEW incidents, not just a scooter rider grabbing a phone or a purse. But organised Motorbike theft. Attacking motorists with hammers and zombie knives, general mayhem. Something like 200,000 attacks I seem to think was the last figure.

IN YOUR OLD DAYS YOU'D SAY: AND THAT'S A BAD THING? When we are talking about cocaine and crack cocaine it is hardly in the same league as a spliff.

AFTER BEING THROUGH THE FLOOR THE PAST 4 YEARS, SWINGS AND ROUNDABOUTS.  So its went from historically higher, to a slight dip to even higher than before. That swing is caught on the high side with no roundabouts. When I started riding it was around 25 pence new money a GALLON, now its around 130 a litre. Tell me where the roundabout is in that.

BUT STILL COPING, BETTER THAN MOST.  Considering how bad many are that does not say much does it.

WHAT'S NEW? The population is at it's highest, and expanding. If it were the 60's or 70's  there would be empty properties given the housing stock we have today.

EH?  Even Grenada according to you has around 5%, while Britain is dragging along at around 1/2%.

YOU USED TO COMPLAIN WHEN IT WAS THROUGH THE ROOF. Damn right, paying 17% on a mortgage was crucifying, but 3-5% is payable, and it gives people a reason to invest. 1/2% or less is ridiculous.

MAY GIVE POOR BEKNIGHTED LOCALS A CHANCE. We NEED skilled workers to supplement the ill trained ones Government hasn't fealt necessary to upskill.

WO, CHINA?, The land of the Yank.

IT'S CALLED MARKET FORCES.  Its called bloody stupidity when all the other European countries said sorry we don't want mass migration flooding our workforce, and Labour  said Oh come on down, the price is right.

EXACTLY, THE WORLD TURNS, LIFE GOES ON, UPS AND DOWNS, BOOMS FOLLOWED BY BUSTS ... STOP BITCHING LOL!  No, it's called a slow inexorable slide into obscurity, just the same as happened to the Greeks, Egyptians, Romans, Ottomans, etc.

Last edited by Expat (Jun 08, 2018 8:48 am)

#7 Jun 08, 2018 9:15 am

New Historian
Active

Expat wrote:

x 2.

Whats fisting?   Fisty cuffs?   smile

All mysteries explained!

#8 Jun 08, 2018 10:50 am

Expat
Active

I thought the poo poo was a deviance all by itself.... not restricted to Homosexuals.... but then what do I know.

These senior figures in the pearl of Africa surely know more about it than me.

I see your time in Africa was well spent researching these important subjects... smile

Taking the poo poo out of it, I suspect there is probably a mountain of hypocrites on that Continent where wifees take a little tail action, but don't say anything.

#9 Jun 08, 2018 2:41 pm

New Historian
Active

Oh don't start me off, about the "Dark Continent", some of it is daaaark mate! Well darkers. I mean female circumcision, WHY would any man want to do that to his woman? HOW insecure do you have to be, to remove all her joy out of sex, because you're afraid she'll "like it too much"?

Board footer