You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 08, 2018 3:02 pm

New Historian
Active

Here we go again?

I fretting about all those ex-ISIS fighters who now back in Trinidad. Keep a close eye on that lol!!!

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/latestne … ofile=1228

#2 Jun 08, 2018 4:00 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Here we go again?

been watching for a while now, and even tried to get the authorities to take it more seriously, which was why I was protecting you the other night. Like RD might say I aint going to lay down like a sheep eh.

Last edited by Expat (Jun 08, 2018 4:11 pm)

#3 Jun 08, 2018 5:03 pm

New Historian
Active

And the region abounds with "target rich environments" - and slack security.

#4 Jun 08, 2018 5:37 pm

Expat
Active

I really don't think the powers that be get it.

They would think, small Island not messing in Islamic affairs, why should they trouble us.

How about ... It is a holiday/tourist destination for the decadent West?

How about as far as Grenada is concerned it is a hub of American activity where thousands come in every year to study.

Not only that, but there is a fair sized American Jewish community.

If ISIS could destroy a Western playground especially one like Grenada where it is principally Christian, it would tick every box they have.

#5 Jun 08, 2018 6:29 pm

New Historian
Active

Shhhhhh....

#6 Jun 08, 2018 9:16 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

Shhhhhh....

They don't need telling, evil buggers.

#7 Jun 09, 2018 10:00 am

Slice
Active

They are worth watching.  I think recently Grenada deported ah guy from Pakistan, they say he had ties to terroism He was married to ah Grenadian.  Ah bet the US intelligent  had ah hand in him leaving Grenada. I think the number of murders is about 4 for the year so far and Grenadians are freaking out.

#8 Jun 09, 2018 10:25 am

New Historian
Active

Also freaking out about the amount of gun crimes - a bad first. Oh US eyes and ears are on all these islands, you can be sure. Once on Hog Island when I had my boat a DEA agent was being so patently obvious about his "undercover story" that I had to tell him: provincials we may be, but we're not THAT dumb lol!! You need a better cover story dude.

#9 Jun 09, 2018 12:54 pm

Expat
Active

Yes, but here we go again.... how many of those gun crimes were done by legitimate gun owners?

A few more gun crimes, and the great thinkers will say.... Oh we have to remove guns from the licensed owners as guns are a threat to us all. Leaving all the buried and illegally imported weapons in the hands of people who don't care if their gun is licensed or not. Criminals, and Terrorists.

I understand there is a move to change the regulations regarding air guns.... Probably because of a couple of rather stupid accidents.

You cannot legislate against stupidity. With those air rifle incidents it was untrained and foolish people who got their hands on what most consider a pretty harmless toy, or only good for killing small creatures.

My air rifle that will only go thwup, and ting if it hits a can 30 yards away will kill you stone dead. They are not toys.

But in a land that has predatory and Rabid animals like Mongoose... an introduced species, and damaging and potentially lethal animals like rats, vermin control should be possible, and air rifles are considerably safer than .22 rimfire.

A weapon whether it is an air rifle/pistol, or a real firearm should never be left in a condition that a child or fool could fire it by accident.

I am not sure on the actual outcomes of the prosecutions of the people that fired those air rifles, but my own view on at least one of them was unintentional homicide for the shooter, and criminal negligence for the weapon owner. He may have told the fool it is loaded etc, but he shouldn't have left it in that condition.

#10 Jun 09, 2018 1:24 pm

New Historian
Active

Jaysus, you just like RD, easy with that knee-jerk, you might kick yourself in the chin! Did I say ANYTHING about legislating or taking away Grenadians' gun rights? No need for that, au contraire leave well alone. But what "they"  DO need to do, is come down on dem boys an dem, and the Venezuelans who feeding them these guns. Even if you don't shoot anyone, to be caught with an illegal gun must involve some SERIOUS jail time.

Board footer