You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 07, 2018 4:50 pm

GMW
Active

Let's hear it for the Windies!

Vs Sri Lanka they're 414 for 8 after 147 for 5. Dorwich may be a mediocre keeper but he seems more stable at the crease than Ramdin at 125 not out.

And who is that nine lives cat opening the batting? It's Devon Smith of course running himself out for &. Always a hard luck story with the spice youth.

All in all they fought a good fight over the past 2 days. Let's wish them a win.

#2 Jun 07, 2018 4:56 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Let's hear it for the Windies!

Wonders never cease! Now can we bowl them out? Never mind the anguish, we still "live in Hope"!!

#3 Jun 07, 2018 7:14 pm

Expat
Active

Against See Lanka, Ok then, come on Windies.... Yayyyy.

Mind you I did once have a girlfriend from See Lanka, although I think it was still See lon at that time. So divided loyalties.... smile

#4 Jun 08, 2018 7:10 am

Dancer
Active

Can you believe it . """ The West Indies declared an innings """   !!!

How my hours did Devon spend in the middle  for 7 . 7 measly runs and then to be run out .
Devon , we know the idea is to stay at the crease , but score some runs .... man.

#5 Jun 08, 2018 7:49 am

Slice
Active

Ah was not to see the match, but ah tink ah fix that today.  It will cost me an extra $15,00 ah month, but say wha.

#6 Jun 08, 2018 2:01 pm

Slice
Active

40  FRIGGING extras.  Wha the hell is this?  This is school cricket.  The score is not 160 for 6, with 40 extras gee me ah break.

#7 Jun 08, 2018 3:36 pm

New Historian
Active

Our boy fails to impress, again...

Lakmal to Smith, OUT, you're kidding me! Devon Smith fetches one from well outside off this time and makes it even between him and the bowler. That's a woeful shot. It's full and very wide. He won't get near the pitch of it no matter how much he stretches the front foot out. Looks to drill it through the covers and gets an inside edge onto the stumps

#8 Jun 09, 2018 8:27 am

GMW
Active

New Historian wrote:

Lakmal to Smith, OUT, you're kidding me! Devon Smith fetches one from well outside off this time and makes it even between him and the bowler. That's a woeful shot. It's full and very wide. He won't get near the pitch of it no matter how much he stretches the front foot out. Looks to drill it through the covers and gets an inside edge onto the stumps

The dude was bowled with a no ball the previous ball and still couldn't capitalize.

I dont wanna make excuses for him but I think his previous lapses on this level is messing with his head plus the prospect that he'll be dropped after one match. Again.

#9 Jun 09, 2018 9:36 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

That guy was bowled with ah Noball, the next ball he was bowled.  What the hell happen to him?  I have never seen that in cricket.  I paid me money just to see Devon, and now ah waste me money.

Board footer