You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 12, 2018 9:02 am

Slice
Active

WOMEN AND BATHROOMS IN GRENADA

After paying my buck to use the bathroom in Grenada, on more than one occasion, I was shocked as I enter the man bathroom, there was women in there.  I thought I was in the wrong bathroom and tried to exit.  Come on in they said, wha happen you fraid women?  No I replied and got me monies worth.

So I asked ah few women with ah bit of class why women use the male bathroom?  You in Grenada boy that is perfectly fine.  We use any bathroom we want, or the one that is closer.

Lord ah remember the day when they find ah man in the ladies restrooms in Baltimore.  Security was called and they made ah big deal outa that.  GOSH! not so in Grenada.  One lady even told me, when she travel to conferences, and the ladies bathrooms are filled she quickly use the men's.

#2 Jun 12, 2018 10:42 am

New Historian
Active

Re: WOMEN AND BATHROOMS IN GRENADA

"No I replied and got me monies worth."

The mind wonders what was worth your buck??

#3 Jun 12, 2018 11:57 am

Slice
Active

Ah just can't get into the habit of peeeeeeing anyway.  When ah in town and ah wanna peeeeeee, ah pay ah buck and peeee.

#4 Jun 12, 2018 12:13 pm

GMW
Active

>>Lord ah remember the day when they find ah man in the ladies restrooms in Baltimore.  Security was called and they made ah big deal outa that.<<

When did that happen to you bro? How comes you never said nut'n? LOL.

How's Greenz?

#5 Jun 12, 2018 3:07 pm

houston
Active

The Scotsman exited the pay per use loo and wimpered "broken hearted, broken hearted...paid a nickle and only farted"

#6 Jun 12, 2018 6:00 pm

houston
Active

Romans were quite the plumbing engineers. Invading armies would set up camp beside a stream of water and build shit house so that the water could be troughed through it and run down stream. Bench toilets were placed so that soldiers could do their business and the sewage would be washed away.
They had reusable sticks with a material on the end that was used to wash themselves, then placed back into the trough with the material in the water of course.
Once in a while the next guy would grab the wrong end and therefore became the term "You got the shitty end of the stick"

So my history teacher tells me.

#7 Jun 12, 2018 7:06 pm

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

Romans were quite the plumbing engineers. Invading armies would set up camp beside a stream of water and build shit house so that the water could be troughed through it and run down stream. Bench toilets were placed so that soldiers could do their business and the sewage would be washed away.
They had reusable sticks with a material on the end that was used to wash themselves, then placed back into the trough with the material in the water of course.
Once in a while the next guy would grab the wrong end and therefore became the term "You got the shitty end of the stick"

So my history teacher tells me.

I think this is one of those urban myths, Roman toilets were open affairs, and if your neighbour passed you the wiping stick you would always get the wrong end, as they wouldn't hold it would they.

More likely is the explanation that a weapon known as a 'Fasces lictoriae' which was an axe made up with sticks for the handlel . If you got hit with it you got the wrong end of the stick.

#8 Jun 12, 2018 7:55 pm

houston
Active

Good explanation, sounds more logical.
How about this one.."The rule of thumb"
British courts decided that men couldn't beat their wife with a stick that was any thicker than their thumb.

#9 Jun 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

"No I replied and got me monies worth."

The mind wonders what was worth your buck??

My guess is Slice aint one o doze boyz that slinks off into a cubical, I reckon he stands about 3 feet away from the trough with his hands at shoulder height against the wall and jet washes the porcelain.

#10 Jun 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

Good explanation, sounds more logical.
How about this one.."The rule of thumb"
British courts decided that men couldn't beat their wife with a stick that was any thicker than their thumb.

Another false one. Either or also it is a brewers test for checking the temperature of the beer that is brewing, and or according to the OED  "A method or procedure derived entirely from practice or experience, without any basis in scientific knowledge; a roughly practical method."

In other words if I make something, and make up the dimensions to fit the need as I go along.

Board footer