You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 18, 2018 4:05 pm

GMW
Active

2,000 Kids Separated From Parents Under Trump Border Crackdown

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ki … b22639d9d2

I know such a topic is a bit inappropriate for this forum so I'm sorry (NOT) if I've offended anyone.

#2 Jun 18, 2018 4:09 pm

GMW
Active

Re: 2,000 Kids Separated From Parents Under Trump Border Crackdown

BTW. FACT: the majority of Republicans support that policy.

Ouch!

#3 Jun 18, 2018 4:50 pm

houston
Active

Why would the topic not be appropriate?
Is it possible to offend anyone on this forum?

#4 Jun 18, 2018 5:43 pm

Expat
Active

There are 12000 kids in care that have entered illegally. 10,000 of them were sent as unaccompanied minors. then there are the 2000 of which many were with traffickers, or people using the children as fake families. THEN you have the standard situation used throughout America, where parents that are arrested for committing a crime are separated from their children and if necessary those children are put into care. While the parent is incarcerated.

These migrants who are entering the country illegally are by default criminals. There are places, and methods to enter the country. LEGALLY.  These people are backdooring.

These actions are not new. They occurred under Bush, and they occurred under Obama.

The numbers are higher at the moment partly because there are MORE illegal immigrants.

#5 Jun 18, 2018 5:47 pm

New Historian
Active

"These migrants who are entering the country illegally are by default criminals."

A bit 'arsh? So are the migrants drowning in the Med also criminals? Are the children of migrants criminals?

You sounding a lot like DJT here.

#6 Jun 18, 2018 6:17 pm

Expat
Active

I aint saying it isn't insensitive, but whether you are seeking a new life as currently many of the migrants from Central Africa who are boarding the boats by the thousands, or the people from poverty stricken parts of South America, unless you have open borders it is a deliberate illegal act. Many times I have watched interviews of migrants to Europe, and many many of them state I am from Pakistan or other nations where the goal is not anything other than self improvement. Do I blame them ... no... but do we go for Communism by migration? where we are all on the same level simply because labour movement unifies the globe.

This is different from those claiming refuge because of political repression, war or civil breakdown. However the international law states that those refugees should register at the first safe port of call. not 3/4 of the way across Europe. or further up the trail on the way to America.

A deliberate choice is made to exploit.

I do not really think separating the kids from parents is the way to go.  Assuming there is confidence that the adults really are the parents, they should be kept together as a unit.

However there seems to be some real confusion regarding letting people go after 20 days?  Weird.

Why are they not simply sent back to point of origin.

If you do nothing, it is an open door.

Last edited by Expat (Jun 18, 2018 6:22 pm)

#7 Jun 18, 2018 8:57 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I read today that if the parents agree to be repatriated, they have their children returned immediately.  If they are their parents.  As Expat says, they aren't always.

#8 Jun 19, 2018 7:17 am

Slice
Active

So ah have an kinda weird take on that and has always been against folks coming into America illegally.  As folks from the English speaking Caribbean, and also Africa, the only how we are allowed in America is legally. I think the same rule should apply for South America folks.  You just should not enter ah country illegally.

The parents knew the risk, when they left their lands.

I won't forget that 33% of Latinos voted  for what they are now getting.

#9 Jun 19, 2018 7:30 am

New Historian
Active

"I won't forget that 33% of Latinos voted  for what they are now getting."

You got me with that one: staggering stupidity. You'd vote for someone who tells you he hates you? And don't even talk about those hypocritical white women and evangelicals who voted for that paragon of Christian virtue.

#10 Jun 19, 2018 10:27 am

GMW
Active

>>As folks from the English speaking Caribbean, and also Africa, the only how we are allowed in America is legally.<<

LOL. Oh yeah? You're funny bro. I guess you've never heard of the other border up north.

And what about the folks from the Caribbean and Africa that are now living in the U.S. illegally? Or maybe there aren't any?

The same issue you have with black Americans you maybe guilty of having the same attitude towards folks coming from south of the border. Maybe!

Board footer