You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 19, 2018 6:38 am

Dancer
Active

INDONESIA - - Exotic or Just Strange .

In the near past  - I have been reading things about Indonesia .    MSN.
What is wrong up there ?
But where is Indonesia anyhow ?  Deep in monsoons , stifling heat ,   killer animals , big  and  small  ,  death parties that go on for days .

Scary !    ........ here is a picture

54 year old  Wa Tiba was checking out her vegetable  garden  when she was believed  to have been attacked  by a 23 foot reticulated python .
A searched was launched when Tiba did not return home.  The snake was reportedly found nearby with a bloated stomach  ( that is sick ).
When the locals killed and sliced it open , the woman was found  dead , fully intact , and was swallowed whole.

+++++

Mother's coffin -  (with mother inside , kills son )     

A man and family members placing a coffin  on a stilt tower ' Lakkian' made of bamboo pieces collapsed , the coffin fell 10 feet to the ground , crushing her son to death.

...... Mummy Dearest refuses to leave her 40 year old son alone in the world . " come along sonny "

Just Weird !

#2 Jun 19, 2018 7:09 am

Slice
Active

Re: INDONESIA - - Exotic or Just Strange .

But Dancer, that woman had to be about an infant size.  These snakes can't swallow  humans.  Yes they can kill you, but they can't eat you.  If that is truly the case, this have to be the first on record.  Ah tink that is Anancy story.

#3 Jun 19, 2018 8:22 am

Expat
Active

I went on Snopes ... always go on Snopes if it is a fantastic story...

They have an open verdict, as many instances reported are in remote areas with no evidence, but there is a video with that item showing a person being exhumed from a Snakes stomach. It may not have been the same incident, but it did look pretty authentic.

One thing to note was it seemed to be in the snake feet first, which might mean it was able to crush down the shoulders, rather than have to open wide enough to get head/shoulders in first? The person would have been dead before they were consumed.

Apparently constrictor snakes do coil and restrict, but from experiment, scientists have found they "know" when the heart stops, and that is when the stop crushing.

#4 Jun 19, 2018 8:58 am

Slice
Active

I did not read any such stories that snakes can swallow ah human, unless they are very small; but I did see a story on Discovery, that showed the snake killed the person, but was unable to consume that person, due to his shoulder.  I will make snoops my truth source.

Board footer