You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Jun 19, 2018 10:36 am

New Historian
Active

Re: 2,000 Kids Separated From Parents Under Trump Border Crackdown

GMW wrote:

>>As folks from the English speaking Caribbean, and also Africa, the only how we are allowed in America is legally.<<

LOL. Oh yeah? You're funny bro. I guess you've never heard of the other border up north.

And what about the folks from the Caribbean and Africa that are now living in the U.S. illegally? Or maybe there aren't any?

The same issue you have with black Americans you maybe guilty of having the same attitude towards folks coming from south of the border. Maybe!

Jamaicans are PROFESSIONAL border-jumpers lol!! Years ago my bike mechanic in Kingston said "Bwoy all me need is ONE tourist visa, and me gaan!" So said so done, got a visitor's visa and that was the last I ever saw of him lol!!

#12 Jun 19, 2018 12:51 pm

Slice
Active

My point is, we have to apply for ah visa, so should everyone else.  The Euros are ah bit different they ent have to go through the same process.

Yep ah know about them Jamaicans. Ah PADNAH was kicked out twice, but he was able to always get back.  Then there was another Grenadain PADNAH and Family, who was kicked outa Trinidad about five times, but he always went back.  Now we doh know if he alive or dead.

#13 Jun 19, 2018 2:24 pm

Expat
Active

That'll not be the same will it.

American Persons of colour, and Caribbeans may not pull all that well, because the shall we say indigenous folk have been repressed harder and longer than their Caribbean counterparts, and presumably the indigenous feel the newcomers are muddying the waters, especially if the Caribbeans move well with old Whitey.

Slices P.O.V. seems to be if you came in legally your fine, if you snuck across the border get back down the line.

Until some where around the break of the previous century people simply went where ever they wanted, no passports, no restrictions....but mostly that was just the very wealthy, as poor folks rarely moved more than about 5 miles from where they were born, and were probably never fully accepted just one village over.

Then people started to move around, and restrictions were imposed. We now live universally with those restrictions. I couldn't just turn up and live in Grenada as poor white trash. As a person with funds to buy my way in maybe, but without marriage it wouldn't be easy or quick.

Same applies to America, they have quotas and restrictions. If you are not a genuine Asylum seeker, but simply a financial migrant, then restrictions apply, and if you try to avoid them, then you just made yourself an illegal.

Can any country, even one with as much open space as America simply keep on absorbing migrants without checks and balances?  I think not.

#14 Jun 19, 2018 4:15 pm

GMW
Active

It amazes me that even when Trump is pretty much saying it and laws and judges are appointed to ensure it has lasting effect you guys are ignoring it.

The issue with immigration Trumpler openly implied it, is to suppress the immigration of black, brown and yellow people who come here with a tendency to vote and support the Democratic party. U think the nasty things they say about the aforementioned groups are purely about immigration? Then you don't know who Jeff Session is.

Are we naive or is it something else?

#15 Jun 19, 2018 4:20 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

So suppose up in the heartland a single mother - or single father; doesn't matter - is busted for burglary and arrested.  Does that single mother get to take her children with her to jail? If the woman busted for burglary gets separated from her children and illegal immigrants don't, what is the justification for the double standard.   After all, illegal immigrants are breaking the law and being arrested just like the woman arrested for burglary.

#16 Jun 19, 2018 4:46 pm

GMW
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

So suppose up in the heartland a single mother - or single father; doesn't matter - is busted for burglary and arrested.  Does that single mother get to take her children with her to jail? If the woman busted for burglary gets separated from her children and illegal immigrants don't, what is the justification for the double standard.   After all, illegal immigrants are breaking the law and being arrested just like the woman arrested for burglary.

Wow that spin started from your base late last night into this morning. I was watching the Kakamaney. Or is it a co-incidence?

While you at it, the law these mothers are breaking is a misdemeanor. Do you feel just as passionate about Jay Walking?

Funny!

#17 Jun 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Third degree burglary is a misdemeanor.  You will still be separated from your kids.  I don't care for the policy but a couple things are worth noting...

1) If the person who crossed the border agrees to return from where they came, they are immediately reunited with their children.

2) If the person has relatives in the US, the first attempt will be to place the children with them.

You can't just let them go into the US never to be seen again.

It is a big shit sandwich.  Maybe there are no easy answers.

I bet if you get arrested and sent to jail - even for a day or two - in Grenada, you get separated from your children.

#18 Jun 20, 2018 8:11 am

Slice
Active

GMW wrote:

It amazes me that even when Trump is pretty much saying it and laws and judges are appointed to ensure it has lasting effect you guys are ignoring it.

The issue with immigration Trumpler openly implied it, is to suppress the immigration of black, brown and yellow people who come here with a tendency to vote and support the Democratic party. U think the nasty things they say about the aforementioned groups are purely about immigration? Then you don't know who Jeff Session is.

Are we naive or is it something else?

But GM, you are forgetting  ah few things.  Do not think for one minute that most American blacks do not think, that what Trump is doing is wrong.  Most love it. I know and I think you maybe also know that too. I reside in Baltimore around 80% Blacks and you reside in Brooklyn around mostly Caribbean folks.
Trump is ah racist, no doubt about that.  You PADNAH had ah chance to keep him from the presidency, but you did not, instead you voted for that looser called Clinton.  I blame all the Hillary voters for the SHEET head we have as our president. All ah allyu are the caused of the problem we have today with The Donald.

#19 Jun 20, 2018 10:39 am

Expat
Active

If you had voted for Clinton, then you wouldn't have Trump either. I blame you.

#20 Jun 20, 2018 10:54 am

Real Distwalker
Active

If Hillary Clinton wasn't literally the worst candidate in US presidential history, Trump wouldn't have had a snowball's chance in hell at being elected.  He was the second worst candidate in US presidential history.

Board footer