You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 19, 2018 9:24 pm

New Historian
Active

Is OJ innocent?

Watching that ESPN series on OJ: Made in America. Brings it all back...

I lived in USA throughout the first OJ trial, and like everyone else was riveted to the ongoing saga and subsequent trial. I remember the day the verdict came down, it was about 3 in the afternoon and the whole office emptied when word came out that the verdict was imminent. We all piled into the sports bar across the road, which was packed to the rafters - the bartenders shouted that we all had to buy at least one drink to hear the verdict lol!

Half the bar was white and half black, and as usual in America they were segregated. I was somewhere in the middle. When the dramatic verdict was announced: Not guilty! I'll never forget the extreme and opposite reactions in that bar: the black half shouted, in unison, "YAAAAAYYY"; while the white side shouted: "NOOOOO!!!" It was quite amazing, a stark reflection of racial reality in America.

I was convinced he did it, the evidence is overwhelming. I would have heated arguments with my black American friends, trying to exonerate OJ, or even saying "So what if he did? Those racist cops frame black men all the time, it's time one got away!" Unbelievable.

But ..... my brother always had this wacky theory: that OJ didn't do it - his son did. And OJ was covering up for him. OJ's first son, Jason, was "the forgotten one" of the family, and had major anger issues to boot. Well, this guy thinks the same thing, and has "facts" to prove it. Stranger things have happened!

http://www.businessinsider.com/oj-simps … seizures-1

#2 Jun 20, 2018 12:58 am

Calypso
Active

Re: Is OJ innocent?

New Historian wrote:

I lived in USA throughout the first OJ trial, and like everyone else was riveted to the ongoing saga and subsequent trial. I remember the day the verdict came down, it was about 3 in the afternoon and the whole office emptied when word came out that the verdict was imminent. We all piled into the sports bar across the road, which was packed to the rafters - the bartenders shouted that we all had to buy at least one drink to hear the verdict lol!

Half the bar was white and half black, and as usual in America they were segregated. I was somewhere in the middle. When the dramatic verdict was announced: Not guilty! I'll never forget the extreme and opposite reactions in that bar: the black half shouted, in unison, "YAAAAAYYY"; while the white side shouted: "NOOOOO!!!" It was quite amazing, a stark reflection of racial reality in America.

I was convinced he did it, the evidence is overwhelming. I would have heated arguments with my black American friends, trying to exonerate OJ, or even saying "So what if he did? Those racist cops frame black men all the time, it's time one got away!" Unbelievable.

But ..... my brother always had this wacky theory: that OJ didn't do it - his son did. And OJ was covering up for him. OJ's first son, Jason, was "the forgotten one" of the family, and had major anger issues to boot. Well, this guy thinks the same thing, and has "facts" to prove it. Stranger things have happened!

Simpson is an asshole! first and foremost Simpson used to beat up his slut wife, Nicole, long before the killing.  Her family knew about it and stayed quiet because he would give them large sums of money.  I personally never felt that he personally stabbed her but hired someone to do it.  RESPECT in a marriage is very import. Whenever that's been lost , get out of it!!

#3 Jun 20, 2018 6:59 am

Dancer
Active

My gut feeling  - OJ did them both in .

But what is revealing is Calypso's clarity on marriage.
To quote : Respect in a marriage is very important . " Whenever it is lost - get out of it "
Spoken like one who knows.
Good advice JA . Have  you  any personal  'tip-bits'  as examples that you must share with your pals on TS.
" we are all adults here 'spill the beans Ms. " Tell the boys .

#4 Jun 20, 2018 7:55 am

Slice
Active

Calypso wrote:
New Historian wrote:

Simpson is an asshole! first and foremost Simpson used to beat up his slut wife, Nicole, long before the killing.  Her family knew about it and stayed quiet because he would give them large sums of money.  I personally never felt that he personally stabbed her but hired someone to do it.  RESPECT in a marriage is very import. Whenever that's been lost , get out of it!!

Lord woman, you ent easy nah.  You actually called the man's wife ah SLUT.  Having said that I agree with you about OJ himself.  He is truly ah ASSHOLE, and watch he might end up back in trouble, he has not changed ah likkle bit.

#5 Jun 20, 2018 8:02 am

New Historian
Active

You beat me to it: a bit harsh calling the dead ooman a slut. But I've heard black women say that a lot, they HATE that OJ was with a white woman, and instead of blaming him - they blame her! Go figure.

#6 Jun 22, 2018 6:56 pm

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:

You beat me to it: a bit harsh calling the dead ooman a slut. But I've heard black women say that a lot, they HATE that OJ was with a white woman, and instead of blaming him - they blame her! Go figure.

No you are wrong. I don't give a damned who black men married. Nicole was an orgy-loving tramp. I am not even accusing her of breaking- up his first marriage because men choose to leave.  I am not jealous of inter-racial relationships. You black men do get some lovely white women. Some of those women, after sleeping with you, end up being expelled from their community.  You should have great respect for those. Nicole wanted the glory but she paid the price!!

Last edited by Calypso (Jun 23, 2018 2:29 am)

Board footer