You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#31 Jun 21, 2018 1:06 pm

Slice
Active

Re: 2,000 Kids Separated From Parents Under Trump Border Crackdown

Expat wrote:

If you had voted for Clinton, then you wouldn't have Trump either. I blame you.

Lord ah was between ah rock and ah very hard place, so ah had to make wicked choice.

#32 Jun 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

If Hillary Clinton wasn't literally the worst candidate in US presidential history, Trump wouldn't have had a snowball's chance in hell at being elected.  He was the second worst candidate in US presidential history.

No argument here.

#33 Jun 21, 2018 4:08 pm

GMW
Active

>> I blame all the Hillary voters for the SHEET head we have as our president. All ah allyu are the caused of the problem we have today with The Donald.<<

Honestly bro, I find the blaming and bashing of Hillary even at this hour a bit of a ridiculous distraction.

How did Trump get to face Hillary? What happen to the 17 republican primary candidates? Were they all Paw Paw flutes?

Brother Slice are you aware this racist tyrant in enjoying the support of 90% of republican voters? That must be Hillary's fault too?

Trump is America's curse.

Still there is a hard fact that I believe most Americans, including you, are uncomfortable with. Back in the day of the old forum I asked the question and I'll ask it again: Who are these people, for the most part, that are such die hard supporters of this vile, racist dude?

#34 Jun 22, 2018 1:24 pm

Slice
Active

This is ah kinda weird fight.  I think the first person NH asked when we met was RD, in most of RD's post he always like NH and he even told me so, yet they keep picking on each other.  In a way, that is ah great thing and it keeps the shop buzzing.  Why Talkshoppers always ask about RD?  I think ah got the answer, he is white and from Iowa.  Not sure but ah tink so.

RD, by the time you ready for your next Vacation in Grenada, NH will be down here, and both ah allyu go get ah chance to have ah pint together. Ah kinda like the Brewery, they Fish burger taste real nice.  Not really ah Fish burger, but ah Fish sandwich.

#35 Jun 22, 2018 2:03 pm

New Historian
Active

When you had guys like D@Man and Don here, RD was a lightening rod to their race-based rants - not that it mattered to him, one jot!! Nobody need feel "sorry" for RD, he can handle himself just fine - and then some lol!

I wish that more "decent" right wing Americans (yes there are some lol!!) would have the balls to stand up to the disgusting dotard in the WH; but their kind are just interested in one thing: self preservation. Spineless hypocrites. So props to RD, for "saying the right thing". Sometimes lol!!! At other times he can be real dotish!

#36 Jun 22, 2018 2:23 pm

Dancer
Active

There is no  fight Simon  . It is an observation.
ANYHOW
But did we not settle RD's  - point-of-view-   ...... years ago ? 
.... Before we  move on , here is a snap-shot.

RD the man from Iowa is a living example of a 'deplorable' , plain and simple. That's why he hates Obama and Hillary.
You , you just ask , how high sir . lmao. Too Sad.

Like I have mentioned sooooo many times before "" we have a live 'Deplorable' on TS for years.
HOPING , that close proximity  would have a education effect on some posters .
We have failed.!!!
Incredible ! " You can take a horse to water , you can\t make him drink.

Some more World cup  . I gone.

What is the  Cricket Test score Slice , ... make yourself useful .
Thanks.

#37 Jun 22, 2018 4:17 pm

Expat
Active

GMW wrote:

>> I blame all the Hillary voters for the SHEET head we have as our president. All ah allyu are the caused of the problem we have today with The Donald.<<

Honestly bro, I find the blaming and bashing of Hillary even at this hour a bit of a ridiculous distraction.

How did Trump get to face Hillary? What happen to the 17 republican primary candidates? Were they all Paw Paw flutes?

Brother Slice are you aware this racist tyrant in enjoying the support of 90% of republican voters? That must be Hillary's fault too?

Trump is America's curse.

Still there is a hard fact that I believe most Americans, including you, are uncomfortable with. Back in the day of the old forum I asked the question and I'll ask it again: Who are these people, for the most part, that are such die hard supporters of this vile, racist dude?

I think you just wrote one of the most sensible things about the fiasco that was the Presidential Elections.

So many people were either so wanting to clear the swamp, and/or get away from real politician, having protest votes For Trump, as they thought nobody else would, or were voting for outright losers to avoid voting for a real candidate it became a perfect storm creating the most ridiculous outcome.

It's a pretty dismal indicator of the state of the voters when they can be swayed by a handful or catchy put downs by an orange faced clown with a comb over.

Sad to say the British electorate are no brighter.

Last edited by Expat (Jun 22, 2018 4:18 pm)

#38 Jun 23, 2018 10:22 am

GMW
Active

New Historian wrote:

When you had guys like D@Man and Don here, RD was a lightening rod to their race-based rants - not that it mattered to him, one jot!! Nobody need feel "sorry" for RD, he can handle himself just fine - and then some lol!

I wish that more "decent" right wing Americans (yes there are some lol!!) would have the balls to stand up to the disgusting dotard in the WH; but their kind are just interested in one thing: self preservation. Spineless hypocrites. So props to RD, for "saying the right thing". Sometimes lol!!! At other times he can be real dotish!

I know Don pretty well. Your depiction of him and his contribution to the forum says a lot about what it has become. While RD has made really valuable contributions to this forum his "rants" about things I'm not willing to rehash, unless you insist that I do, has been quite Trumpian. Historians need better memory than that.

#39 Jun 23, 2018 10:33 am

Real Distwalker
Active

GMW wrote:

I know Don pretty well. Your depiction of him and his contribution to the forum says a lot about what it has become. While RD has made really valuable contributions to this forum his "rants" about things I'm not willing to rehash, unless you insist that I do, has been quite Trumpian. Historians need better memory than that.

Well, things do change and I have changed a lot since 2002 when I first started posting here.  Probably the biggest thing is that I have become a Christian.  Christ tells us pretty clearly to love each other and treat each other as we wish to be treated.  He wasn't bullshitting either.  In the years since I became a Christian, trying to live that standard has slowly molded my thinking.

You know, even if you are atheist, Christ is worth following as a philosopher.

The bottom line is that I probably said some things over the last 16 years of posting here that I would cringe at now.  All in all, however, my philosophy is the same: 

I will gladly respect your rights if you will respect mine. 

I will gladly treat you with kindness if you will treat me with kindness. 

I will judge you as an individual person and not by your demographic if you will do me the same courtesy. 

I don't take credit for history so I shouldn't be blamed for it.  Neither should you.

Live and let live.

#40 Jun 23, 2018 11:33 am

Dancer
Active

I must admit ,  grudging , lol ..... some respect for you  truthfulness . lol.
Atheist  .... don't understand , what's going on .

Nb :::: You try to be good , but the 'Deplorable-ness' lurks  just under the surface. Trump is not helping.

Just keep going to bible study Man from Iowa.
The sun is ahead.

Board footer