You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 27, 2018 9:51 am

Dancer
Active

RD is in hiding ... but is happy.

Everyday  now ,,,  is Xmas for RD ,   the all American .
After his Repubs stole the Supreme Court  from the Dems , he is dancing a jig with his Pres.
Come out of hiding  , man from Iowa.
Speak of your joy of making America great again . Don't be shy.
State you case. Feel free ,  Supreme Court agrees.

#2 Jun 27, 2018 3:57 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: RD is in hiding ... but is happy.

If it gives you joy to believe that I am a Trump supporter, then I support that. smile

#3 Jun 27, 2018 5:12 pm

New Historian
Active

You might as well give up RD, and repeat after me:

"I am a Trump supporter, I want to make America great again, I think Trump is a wonderful ...."

Ah forget it, you'll never get the words out!!

#4 Jun 27, 2018 5:23 pm

GMW
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

If it gives you joy to believe that I am a Trump supporter, then I support that. smile

What's happening now is a dream come true for conservatives. That's why they're sucking his bells right now. You may not like the scumbag that he is but he is delivering for you. Almost 90% of conservatives support him. He is much more popular that Reagan was with that group.

That's the CURSE!

Since you've been born again do you see anything prophetic about what's happening now? Are we living in the last daze? Is this the triple nines?

It's really not funny!

#5 Jun 27, 2018 7:09 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I am not "born again".  I am just a standard, garden variety Christian.  I don't speak in tongues, I don't hear the voice of God, I don't handle snakes. I don't think Revelations predicts the future.  I don't believe the universe was created in six days.  I don't believe there was ever a global flood or that Jonah was in the belly of a fish for three days.  I am just a very non-fundamentalist, liberal Christian.

Trump isn't really a conservative.  His trade policy is perfectly aligned with that of Bernie Sanders.  The national debt is increasing faster than it did under Obama and he doesn't care.  He has no interest in entitlement reform at all.  He loves big government as much as an leftist. He certainly loves the trappings of power.  None of this is the conservatism I have long supported.

I don't support his immigration policy.  I think the Big, Beautiful Wall is a stupid idea.  I think the travel ban is just window dressing as it doesn't cover 92% of Muslims in the world.   I don't support the withdrawal from TPP.

I guess I am happy with the tax cuts he signed.  What else is he delivering that is supposed to make me so happy?

#6 Jun 28, 2018 9:15 am

Slice
Active

There are private conversation and ah doh want to reveal private conversations, but if allyu   really  wanna know how RD feels about Trump, just ask me, and I ent saying.

#7 Jun 28, 2018 1:23 pm

GMW
Active

Slice wrote:

There are private conversation and ah doh want to reveal private conversations, but if allyu   really  wanna know how RD feels about Trump, just ask me, and I ent saying.

His feelings on Trump's predecessor was anything but private. I wonder what has changed or what he fears or respects now that he didn't then.

U could keep dat 'tween you and him Padnahs.

#8 Jun 28, 2018 1:59 pm

GMW
Active

>>I am not "born again".<<

John 3:1-3
1  There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2  The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3  Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God

>> I am just a standard, garden variety Christian<<

What the heck is dat. You mean like those who have no problem supporting the evil coming out of the white house as long as the get their conservative agenda in return?

What I said about the high percentage of support he enjoys are from conservatives is a fact, U know?

Madness, eh?

And let's just be honest here RD, ala yourself, when that long eared, Nigerian, Muslim was in the white house you were a lot more brazen about exercising your 1st amendment right.

I know. Like many other Americans and even folks on here, the bully have beaten you into submission?

Or as you've stated you found Christianity. A "garden variety" version of it.

My Gosh!

#9 Jun 28, 2018 3:36 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I am aware of John 3.  In the United States the term "Born Again Christian" applies to a subset of fundamentalist Christians who believe that individuals must make a conscious decision to "accept" and follow Christ (be "born again").  I am not in that subset of Christians.  In fact, hang with the Lutherans and we tend to believe Faith isn't really up to us and is an undeserved gift of the Holy Spirit.  In that sense, we would argue all believers are born again, even those who never strayed in the first place.  In summary, Lutherans do not use the phrase "Born Again Christian" even though we don't dispute the Gospel of John.

I was more outspoken about Obama.  It was futile and I am tired of politics.  In fact, I am sick and tired of politics.  I know it was more fun for you when I was politically provocative, but I just can't do it anymore.  It damages my calm and makes my life worse to debate politics and argue with people.  That's why I shut down my blog.

#10 Jun 28, 2018 4:35 pm

New Historian
Active

"I was more outspoken about Obama.  It was futile and I am tired of politics.  In fact, I am sick and tired of politics.  I know it was more fun for you when I was politically provocative, but I just can't do it anymore.  It damages my calm and makes my life worse to debate politics and argue with people.  That's why I shut down my blog."

I hear you! I go for days and days blanking out the news, because it just upsets me. The images and words get to you, and trying to reason with people of a diametrically opposed political view just increases your own blood pressure, becauese: NOBODY EVER CHANGES. So what's the point? It's only your own health you're injuring.

Board footer