You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jul 01, 2018 10:35 pm

New Historian
Active

Mike Myers on Christianity

Makes a lotta sense to me!

June 18, 2016

This is what my Bible looked like. Not only did I read it cover to cover twice, but I also studied it and broke each verse down in its original language and used a Hebrew and Greek lexicon and concordance to study a word's original meaning and usage.

And do you know what I began to see? I saw men creating God in their own image. God is just a larger form of man's ego, only he's beyond accountability. God is simply what man fantasizes about becoming.

Religious men have even attributed man's ugly traits to their God - like jealousy, possessiveness, control, and vindictiveness. You would think that the politicians who wrote the Bible would be at least sophisticated enough to realize that if they made their God with these weak human characteristics that people might become suspicious about their invention.

I was raised in a religion that claimed "God is love" but he acts like a monster on every page of the Bible. They claim that God's love is unconditional, yet the Bible has more conditions than the iTunes terms of service agreement.

It wasn't until I left Christianity that I learned love without possession. And that kind of love is otherworldly to me. Love without possession seems right to me for some reason. It just makes more sense. I've had to unlearn Christian love and assimilate love without possession into my life and into every relationship. I have a son and a daughter, but they are not mine. I've been given the honor of parenting them, but their lives are their own. They both have natural talents and abilities, and they can use them or not use them however they see fit.

People think it's blasphemous whenever I suggest that I could teach God a few things about parenting, But they fail to see that a God who is silent and absent in a child's life is no father at all. The father who dips his children in lava simply because they did not reciprocate love back to him is a monster, not a loving Heavenly Father.

Having children completely changed my ideas about love and fatherhood. And I want to distance myself as far as I can from the father of the Bible lest my children become yet another victim of this abusive and controlling religion known as Christianity.

Bible.jpg

#2 Jul 02, 2018 8:55 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Mike Myers on Christianity

An apostate Christian rationalizes his rejection of the faith?  That has to be a first, huh?

#3 Jul 02, 2018 9:32 am

New Historian
Active

No, I do it all the time.

#4 Jul 02, 2018 9:55 am

Dancer
Active

You mean  Mike Myers of the  ...

' The spy who shagged me .
' Dr Evil.
' Fat Bastard .   ...... fame.

Was that Mike's Bible with every page underlined with coloured markers  ?
I tend to look very slanted eyed or cross eyed ( no racist overtones please)  at every word in  a bible underlined
We are not building a rocket to Mars.
and then we see Mike Myres , Michael Myres
One of the same.
pushing it . lol.

Last edited by Dancer (Jul 02, 2018 10:25 pm)

#5 Jul 02, 2018 10:14 am

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

No, I do it all the time.

I have become something of a universalist.  I am confident there is always a second chance.  If there is a hell, it is empty.   See you on the other side, bro.

#6 Jul 02, 2018 10:16 am

Real Distwalker
Active

The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard

20 “For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard. 2 He agreed to pay them a denarius[a] for the day and sent them into his vineyard.

3 “About nine in the morning he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. 4 He told them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.’ 5 So they went.

“He went out again about noon and about three in the afternoon and did the same thing. 6 About five in the afternoon he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?’

7 “‘Because no one has hired us,’ they answered.

“He said to them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard.’

8 “When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.’

9 “The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius. 10 So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. 11 When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. 12 ‘These who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’

13 “But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? 14 Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15 Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

16 “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

#7 Jul 02, 2018 10:19 pm

Dancer
Active

** The parable of the workers in the vineyard **
Not very familiar with that parable .

Says .... ' so the last will be first , and the first will be last '
That explanation beats me . Too simplistic  seems to me .

#8 Jul 03, 2018 7:08 am

Slice
Active

Saying you doh believe in Christianity, is the worst crime, one can commit in Grenada.  Lord these folks are holy.  Now I am adopting, phrases like Tomorrow Please the lord.  When you forget to say these words they quickly remind you.

#9 Jul 03, 2018 8:48 am

New Historian
Active

Slice wrote:

Saying you doh believe in Christianity, is the worst crime, one can commit in Grenada.  Lord these folks are holy.  Now I am adopting, phrases like Tomorrow Please the lord.  When you forget to say these words they quickly remind you.

That is so true, I call it fake religion.

#10 Jul 03, 2018 8:53 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Dancer wrote:

** The parable of the workers in the vineyard **
Not very familiar with that parable .

Matthew 20.  It tells us that those who come late in life to the Faith will receive the same rewards as those who are devout their entire lives.

Board footer