You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jul 10, 2018 1:54 pm

Slice
Active

A LOOK AT CRIME IN THE SPICE

MURDERS
2013-6
2014-7
2015-6
2016-9
2017-10

ATTEMPTED MURDERS

MANSLAUGHTER

RAPE

INCEST

ARMED ROBBERT

STEALING

SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH UNDER 13

SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH PERSONS 13-16

So RD and Gun lovers pay attention to the Armed Robbery section.

#2 Jul 10, 2018 3:04 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: A LOOK AT CRIME IN THE SPICE

Interesting, thanks!

#3 Jul 10, 2018 4:56 pm

Expat
Active

Armed Robert did not have to be armed with a gun.

This stat should be an indicator to the Police that THEY do not have to introduce draconian restrictions on legal owners.

But as always damned statistics and lies eh..... How many of those murders and attempted murders were with a gun also.

Frankly the ideal situation is for gun ownership to be as it is, on merit meeting certain criteria, and that there be absolutely no gun crime at all.

Having NO gun crime would tend to indicate that there are very few illegal weapons held out there, or that the owners who buried them had no intention other to hold on to a souvenir from the Revo when the buried them.

Remember it is far easier to shoot/kill a man with an illegal weapon, and destroy it_lose it_ hide it permanently, or simply wipe off the finger prints and drop it in a rubbish bin, as there is absolutely no connection to the user and the crime.

A legally held weapon had a ballistic test prior to being issued, and can be traced back to the owner.

#4 Jul 10, 2018 6:15 pm

Slice
Active

Not  arguing, but pointing out when guns are not in the country, things can be sweet. Not too long ago, was playing with ah 303 and also three ak47.  Wanted the owner to sell me the 303, but he ent selling.

#5 Jul 10, 2018 8:50 pm

New Historian
Active

Slice wrote:

Not  arguing, but pointing out when guns are not in the country, things can be sweet. Not too long ago, was playing with ah 303 and also three ak47.  Wanted the owner to sell me the 303, but he ent selling.

In Greenz? It's "believed" that there are a lot of guns wrapped in oilcloth and buried in back yards, remnants from the Revo. If you want an illegal gun and you've got enough $ you can get one.

#6 Jul 10, 2018 10:05 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:
Slice wrote:

In Greenz? It's "believed" that there are a lot of guns wrapped in oilcloth and buried in back yards, remnants from the Revo. If you want an illegal gun and you've got enough $ you can get one.

Addressed to Slice

Basically the ONLY guns you have to worry about are the ones which are illegal, almost no crime or offense is occurring with legal ones. I recall a shooting where a Lottery vendor chased and ended up shooting the wrong person by accident..... They were dumb to chase, and even more dumb to go onto the suspects property. I expect they will do time in the end. All the more reason why I maintain gun owners should be a) coached in how to use their firearms, and b) should be encouraged to train with them on a regular basis.

In the UK if you do not participate at a gun club you are almost certainly going to be relieved of your firearm.

However there is absolutely no guidance from the authorities here as to what you can, or should or should not do. The only time you are likely to find out you were in the wrong is when you are in court.

What are you on? LSD?

Firstly you aint a cousin or Brother of the PM, so you aint going to get a green light for a full bore of that caliber or type, so it would be strictly illegal, do you really want to spend your last years in jail?

So you have to keep it under the floor boards, and only take it out and use it where you can be bloody certain no one can see or hear you. Do you realise that if there are more than 3 of you using firearms and it is not a recognised gun club/range you could be arrested under the anti-terrorism act?

The power of those weapons far exceeds the range you could use it in those circumstances, so it is like driving a Bentley in Grenada...... and I have seen one.... Even a Lexus and I have seen a few here is a joke in terms of sensibility. But then people LOWER the suspension of their cars and drive diagonally across the speed humps so being sensible isn't part of the National make up.

Last edited by Expat (Jul 10, 2018 10:06 pm)

Board footer