You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jul 10, 2018 2:02 pm

Slice
Active

A LOOK AT MV ACCIDENTS

JAN 2017- 0
FEB-0
MAR-1
APR-2
MAY-0
JUN-0
JULY-1
AUG-1
SEP-1
OCT-2
NOV1
DEC-0

THE ABOVE WAS FATAL

TOTAL NUMBER OF ACCIDENTS FOR 2017

#2 Jul 10, 2018 5:13 pm

Expat
Active

Re: A LOOK AT MV ACCIDENTS

You may see a correlation that the highest number of accidents occurred in the run up to Christmas, and during August..... I wonder what might have been the cause of that rise in accidents during those two periods.... Let me guess.   Grenada very lax policing of drink driving perhaps?

A mindset change regarding drink driving in Grenada is LONG overdue.

So as usual far more people killed and definitely injured by the 1 ton murdering machine instead of the much persecuted little gun.

Ban drivers licenses to anyone who has not had an advanced drivers course, and for God sake stop this myopic mindset where "We do our thing our way" without looking to see how other more complicated countries handle things.

#3 Jul 10, 2018 6:09 pm

Slice
Active

Now I took my sister to my house, after I picked her up from work.  Her complain, was I hold me corner to tight.  She said that Grenada roads crumble at the edges, so it is fine to drive in the middle of the road, and as a vehicle approaches take me side.

The spice is ah really relax place, but why the only hurry is driving?

Here is something ah doh understand, Listening to ah group of fellas talking at my house, they were trying to tell me the best Bus drivers, and one said, this guy has been driving for years and he is always drunk; but he never got in an accident.  They say his bus has no scratches on it, because he is ah great Drunk Driver. Ah just doh get it, don't they know how dangerous Drunk driving is.  Having said that I got up to 60 on the Wester hall stretch.

Expat ah out, can I get some tomorrow please the lord?

#4 Jul 10, 2018 10:19 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Now I took my sister to my house, after I picked her up from work.  Her complain, was I hold me corner to tight.  She said that Grenada roads crumble at the edges, so it is fine to drive in the middle of the road, and as a vehicle approaches take me side.

The spice is ah really relax place, but why the only hurry is driving?

Here is something ah doh understand, Listening to ah group of fellas talking at my house, they were trying to tell me the best Bus drivers, and one said, this guy has been driving for years and he is always drunk; but he never got in an accident.  They say his bus has no scratches on it, because he is ah great Drunk Driver. Ah just doh get it, don't they know how dangerous Drunk driving is.  Having said that I got up to 60 on the Wester hall stretch.

Expat ah out, can I get some tomorrow please the lord?

I guess your Stistah hasn't calculated how fast the car or concrete truck coming round that blind bend too fast and blind is going, or that even if you are both only doing 20 you are doing 40 when you hit. Hold your side until you can see whats coming pudnah.

As I said either in this thread or another, there needs to be more awareness of how bad drunk driving is.

I realised how bad it was one Christmas when I was doing one of those old games that you plugged into the TV and you played table tennis.... a long time ago.... before having a drink no problem. After a couple of strong rums I was way too slow. Drink driving is totally STUPID. I know a driver who has a grey bus (not calling names), who doesn't start driving until he has had a drink, and has more drinks when he takes a midday break.

You see you, I might struggle to get up to 60 with my low powered Japanese version of your big American car...  smile

What ever it was you are out of...guessing eggs?  you don't say, Tomorrow is a funeral day.

Last edited by Expat (Jul 10, 2018 10:30 pm)

#5 Jul 11, 2018 7:22 am

Slice
Active

OK, will call and get my eggs.

Board footer