You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jul 13, 2018 9:27 am

Dancer
Active

Serena Williams and Tennis . A Champ.

Well to be completely honest I am not a fan of Tennis .  Oh , I could watch a set or two , then
I tend to move along .
I know Serena Williams is a tennis Supernova , lots of cups on her mantle , but this year's Wimbledon  so far has been note worthy to the Champion .
Those 'grass court ' people in England , refused the 'seed' her 25 or 30 or something like that ,  so like most people of color she had  (the Champ) had to claw her way -  to the Wimbledon finals  on Sunday.   Just because of having a baby and having her health in dire straights and not playing for a year
So  the World Soccer cup final  ,  will have  to endure some viewing competition  on Sunday.
Good luck Champ.

Last edited by Dancer (Jul 13, 2018 9:34 am)

#2 Jul 13, 2018 2:33 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Serena Williams and Tennis . A Champ.

Dancer wrote:

Well to be completely honest I am not a fan of Tennis .  Oh , I could watch a set or two , then
I tend to move along .
I know Serena Williams is a tennis Supernova , lots of cups on her mantle , but this year's Wimbledon  so far has been note worthy to the Champion .
Those 'grass court ' people in England , refused the 'seed' her 25 or 30 or something like that ,  so like most people of color she had  (the Champ) had to claw her way -  to the Wimbledon finals  on Sunday.   Just because of having a baby and having her health in dire straights and not playing for a year
So  the World Soccer cup final  ,  will have  to endure some viewing competition  on Sunday.
Good luck Champ.

She got seeded to 25 when nobody previously in her situation got seeded at all. So another player who HAD been in action for the year got bounced....  I wonder if that was a white player.... I kinda bet it was.... so your point was?

#3 Jul 14, 2018 10:57 pm

New Historian
Active

Just because of having a baby and having her health in dire straights and not playing for a year

That's quite a "just because", and plenty reason to rank her where she was ranked. Her being black had nothing to do with it, and your lack of knowledge about tennis speaks for itself when you think the women's final is on Sunday - it's the men's.

#4 Jul 15, 2018 7:29 am

Dancer
Active

Is she a Champ or what ? New Historian .
Sat or Sunday  not really  relevant.

Board footer