You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Nov 13, 2016 10:06 am

Real Distwalker

This software is supported

As the announcement above says, this software is still being supported.  That helps to keep it bug free.  That is no small thing.   I liked the easy use of the Brian's software but it was buggy without someone to maintain it.

I can get used to this.

#2 Nov 13, 2016 12:01 pm

Slice

Re: This software is supported

At this point, I ent sure if ah love it, but ah definitely like it.  I can get use to it however.  Kinda grew up on Brian ole clunky talkshop, but it did the job.  Hey this Zebra can change its colors.

#3 Nov 15, 2016 11:19 pm

Expat

It's like many boards that are out there, but it doesn't have the visible trail where you could quickly see who posted and berate or praise specific posters without viewing the entire thread which Brian's set up did allow you to do. Which IS a pity. I understand there may be some technical reason for the change, but can't help wishing the old style was still out there.

#4 Nov 15, 2016 11:27 pm

Real Distwalker

Life is trade-offs mate.  You get what you get, I suppose.

#5 Nov 15, 2016 11:32 pm

Real Distwalker

Expat wrote:

...but can't help wishing the old style was still out there.

I am sure if you stick around, you will find it to be worth at least as much as it cost you. smile

Board footer