You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Jul 23, 2018 4:52 pm

GMW
Active

Re: Stand Your Ground!

Slice wrote:

All I am going to say is guns are nothing but trouble.  MMMM to my friends in Grenada who love guns. BTW me Gun lover in Grenada, we met in Umbrellas yesterday.  Kinda weird no one drank an alcoholic beverage.  This time doh ah had company, you see the other JCB(good term) is ah liberal, so we teamed up on the other gun lover.

We are meeting again, in some bar, in the Esplanade Mall (ah know ah spell it wrong, but what the hell) on Wednesday.

Slice let me give you some straight up advice though. Down there make sure and get yourself  a lil license pow pow. Its the sensible thing to do. Enthusiast or not.

#12 Jul 23, 2018 7:00 pm

New Historian
Active

"Slice let me give you some straight up advice though. Down there make sure and get yourself  a lil license pow pow. Its the sensible thing to do. Enthusiast or not."

Absolute rubbish. Do you even know Grenada? Did you see the crime stats Slice posted a while back? Did you see the almost total absence of gun crimes? One or two incidents in the last 12 months, but nothing to get all tooled up about. Keep calm and carry no gun.

#13 Jul 23, 2018 9:02 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

All I am going to say is guns are nothing but trouble.  MMMM to my friends in Grenada who love guns. BTW me Gun lover in Grenada, we met in Umbrellas yesterday.  Kinda weird no one drank an alcoholic beverage.  This time doh ah had company, you see the other JCB(good term) is ah liberal, so we teamed up on the other gun lover.

We are meeting again, in some bar, in the Esplanade Mall (ah know ah spell it wrong, but what the hell) on Wednesday.

Gun lovers unite.  Range time is a must. Shame a certain person didn't make it, it was a good crack.

#14 Jul 23, 2018 9:33 pm

New Historian
Active

It's craic - a very significant difference lol.

Last edited by New Historian (Jul 23, 2018 9:33 pm)

#15 Jul 23, 2018 11:41 pm

GMW
Active

New Historian wrote:

"Slice let me give you some straight up advice though. Down there make sure and get yourself  a lil license pow pow. Its the sensible thing to do. Enthusiast or not."

Absolute rubbish. Do you even know Grenada? Did you see the crime stats Slice posted a while back? Did you see the almost total absence of gun crimes? One or two incidents in the last 12 months, but nothing to get all tooled up about. Keep calm and carry no gun.

>>Do you even know Grenada?<<

Eh? Yeah! I would advise any returnee investing in serious business or personal property to also invest in responsible safeguards and protection including a licensed firearm.

#16 Jul 24, 2018 7:57 am

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

It's craic - a very significant difference lol.

It's which ever you like smarty pants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craic

#17 Jul 24, 2018 8:12 am

Expat
Active

GMW wrote:
New Historian wrote:

>>Do you even know Grenada?<<

Eh? Yeah! I would advise any returnee investing in serious business or personal property to also invest in responsible safeguards and protection including a licensed firearm.

The main issue with firearms in Grenada is the total lack of guidance as to how it's use is justified, and what the mindset of the police or judiciary will be once it has been used.

I can understand there can be no hard and fast rulings, as every situation will be different, but ground rules should be there to enable new users to fully understand their responsibilities, which are great.

Also there should be a minimum once a year refresher course on use and handling. Many gun owners get their weapon, get all exited for a month or two, and then lock it up in the safe and forget about it. Making it as useful as an uncooked sausage for beating opponents. Home invaders.... the most likely incident.... are unlikely to wait while you unlock your safe.

Despite the higher crime rates in the UK, I would still not advocate gun ownership for self defense as there is a much more responsive police force, with greater coverage of most built up areas, and burglary is usually unarmed. Which may also be the case in Grenada, but the prevalence of Cutlass makes me less sure about not being protected form other peoples impression of your wealth.

Only the other weak a lady was home invaded and tied up just down the road from me...

#18 Jul 24, 2018 2:31 pm

Slice
Active

GMW wrote:
Slice wrote:

Slice let me give you some straight up advice though. Down there make sure and get yourself  a lil license pow pow. Its the sensible thing to do. Enthusiast or not.

Lord never thought ah would get that from you, but ah hear you.  leh me tink about dat ah minute.  As they say, one can not be too safe.

#19 Jul 24, 2018 2:37 pm

Slice
Active

After some careful thought about that video, ah wonder if ah had ah gun, what would I do?  If I was ole and did not have ah gun, I would walk away.  Leh me just say this, the guy who pushed the ole man is ah real ASSHOLE.  The man who shot him, is ah ole White fart.

Did someone say, that America is the most civilize society on this earth?  Lord ah doh tink so.  I think states like Texas and Florida, should be considered the Wild, Wild West.  That would not happen in Maryland and New York without someone going to jail.

#20 Jul 24, 2018 2:43 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I can tell you this: Violent crime in the US has been falling for decades.  Burglary is very low.  You have to take that into consideration.  All across America thousands of hot heads who saw this video are thinking, "Hell, pusing that guy is like something I would do.  I have a temper like that.  I need to control that or I might get shot."

There is a saying, "A armed society is a polite society" and for the most part it is.  In my entire life I have never heard a shot fired in anger.  Home invasion burglary is almost unheard of in most of America.  Bad guys know breaking into a house in America might get you instantly dead.

That's the upside and it cannot be denied.  If all the guns in America would disappear, you can bet there would be a lot more burglaries, violent attacks, knifings, etc.  It is certain.

Board footer